Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Can't open ReShade menu in MSFS.

Hello, so I used to have ReShade installed in MSFS (Steam Version) with no issues, but had uninstalled it at some point. Today I decided I wanted to install it again, but for some reason no matter what I do, nothing happens when I try and open the ReShade menu in the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times, as well as changing the button used to open the menu in the ini file, but no matter what I do it won't work. In the main folder for the game, I have the reshade-shaders folder along with 3 files.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it working?

Thanks

Jason Thiers

Posted (edited)

When you installed Reshade did you link it to the exe file? If your version of MSFS has the exe hidden and unavailable link it to the gamelaunchhelper.exe. That's all I use now and it works perfectly. Also, use the installer it's much quicker and safer.

EDIT:

I forgot to add when linked to the gamelaunchhelper.exe updates weather normal or beta do "not" affect the Reshade installation.

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

When you installed Reshade did you link it to the exe file? If your version of MSFS has the exe hidden and unavailable link it to the gamelaunchhelper.exe. That's all I use now and it works perfectly.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but when I first open the installer it asks me to select a game or application and I select FlightSimulator.exe, and it show the correct path to the game in the box below. Also, I do make sure to run the installer as an administrator as well.

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jt233 said:

Not sure exactly what you mean, but when I first open the installer it asks me to select a game or application and I select FlightSimulator.exe. Also, I do make sure to run the installer as an administrator as well.

I'm on the Store version so not entirely sure where your exe resides in Steam, if you can find the "content" folder (inside the Microsoft Flight Simulator folder) the gamelaunchhelper.exe is under the "FlightSimulator.exe, so when reshade asks you to select a game or application select gamelaunchhelper.exe

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

44 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I'm on the Store version so not entirely sure where your exe resides in Steam, if you can find the "content" folder (inside the Microsoft Flight Simulator folder) the gamelaunchhelper.exe is under the "FlightSimulator.exe, so when reshade asks you to select a game or application select gamelaunchhelper.exe

Thanks, however I don't see a file labeled gamelauncherhelper.exe in the MSFS folder, just FlightSimulator.exe. I looked in some of the sub folders too and did not see it there either.

Jason Thiers

2 hours ago, jt233 said:

Hello, so I used to have ReShade installed in MSFS (Steam Version) with no issues, but had uninstalled it at some point. Today I decided I wanted to install it again, but for some reason no matter what I do, nothing happens when I try and open the ReShade menu in the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times, as well as changing the button used to open the menu in the ini file, but no matter what I do it won't work. In the main folder for the game, I have the reshade-shaders folder along with 3 files.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it working?

It stopped working for me after SU11 (november '22), and I've since given up on it, haven't tried it in ages. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It stopped working for me after SU11 (november '22), and I've since given up on it, haven't tried it in ages. 

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was working for me after that, so who knows. I guess at least i'm not the only one having problems.

Jason Thiers