Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Every C-3PO Costume Explained By Anthony Daniels

Slightly surprised myself by watching the whole thing. Lots of interesting little behind-the-scenes stories...

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Posted (edited)

Just as there is a metal android and a human to portray it, there are 2 sides to Anthony Daniels. One is the very entertaining and funny man who I very much enjoyed narrating a Star Wars concert I attended. The other is a self-important and arrogant individual who seemingly never had a pleasant thing to say to, or about, the man without whom his character would not have been so loved - Kenny Baker.

I've not only experienced the former but also the latter, at Celebration 2016* in London. He was walking towards me with presumably a PA or similar, clearly in no hurry, and yet when I politely said hello asked if I could take a quick photograph, he just gave me a disdainful look and threw a hand in the air to wave me off. Not even a attempt to pretend he was in a rush. Sadly, he really does revel in his own self-worth.

But I'll still watch that video as he's undoubtedly entertaining when he doesn't have to deal with other human beings (or droids).

* Doh! moment from London 2016 was when my girlfriend and I went to collect our Saturday & Sunday tickets from the Excel Centre on the Friday and surprisingly found ourselves being admitted inside along with those who had Friday tickets😲

Not wanting to disadvantage those who'd paid to be there, we didn't attend any events or queue for the shop, but we took the opportunity to get our bearings for the weekend ahead.

Then we saw Boba Fett and Boushh standing together in the concourse and so I took a photograph without approaching them, despite my other half suggesting I get a photo with them.

Imagine my frustration when it later emerged that rather than being cos players, it had been John Boyega and Daisy Ridley😍 scoping the event incognito. 😲 That close to Daisy! 🤦‍♂️

We also sat close to Peter Mayhew at one event but he sneaked out just before it finished so I missed that photo opportunity.

We did however meet Warwick Davis' family twice over the weekend, and lovely they are too. His wife, Sam, just wanted to be sure we were enjoying ourselves, so genuinely interested.

Very different from Mr Daniels. 🙄

Edited by 109Sqn
Half the post disappeared!
  • Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

22 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

We did however meet Warwick Davis' family twice over the weekend, and lovely they are too. His wife, Sam, just wanted to be sure we were enjoying ourselves, so genuinely interested.

I can't believe that a day after posting that, Warwick announces that Sam died on March 24th. So very sad, and I'm feeling very moved myself.

Their last photo together:

0_Warwick-Davis-wife-Samantha-tragically

• Like 3

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 4/17/2024 at 2:45 AM, 109Sqn said:

Then we saw Boba Fett and Boushh standing together in the concourse and so I took a photograph

On a lighter note, that photograph:

P1060808.jpg

• Like 3