Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

Quick questions

Hi all,What do most people consider to be the best out of VFR Real Scenery by Justflight and VFR Next Generation by Horizon?Same goes for Flight Environment X or X-Graphics?Thanks for any input

Alaister Kay

Guest acolvard

FEX, GEX, UTX for general enhancements and Megascenery for scenery, but it really depends on your location of flight.

I can comment on FEX and XGraphics as I own both. FEX has superb high res textures for the clouds and water.Xgraphics adjusts a myriad of other textures including the airport textures runways, taxiways, signs, ground etc(although I have that unchecked for PicNic). It also has textures for lights and weather related cockpit sounds, sun and moon, roads and rail.FEX is clouds and water, although at 1024x768, the clouds look amazing and the water is also exceptional not to mention the ability to design your own. You have to choose your themes and install prior to each flight if you want some variation.I prefer X-graphics just for the number of other textures it adjusts, especially for the airports, and the compatibility with ASX and weather influenced themes (eliminates alot of work on my part) but since I own both I have the best of both worlds and use FEX clouds and everything else via x-graphics/ASX.The devs at FEX are working on their own weather generator and weather influenced themes as well but I'm not sure on the ETA.So, if you own ASX, xgraphics is a nice companion especially for some variety each flight based on weather conditions and also the other textures it upgrades. If you are looking for the better cloud and water textures and are willing to wait/don't care for a weather generator and weather influenced themes then go with FEX.

I base almost all my flying within Europe, departing or arriving to the UK mainly. Thanks for input :)

Alaister Kay