Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ichinin

Ghost Imaging Software

Just curious as to what folk are using for imaging software?I've been using Norton Ghost for several years, but i always get error messages now. Maybe it doesn't like disks - who knows?Be interested to hear views or recommendations of any others.....

I've been using True Image 9.0 for about a year now with complete success. I've had to restore parts of partitions and complete partitions and disks on a number of occasions and it has been painless with no errors.The automatic backup does not work correctly with XP, but there is a workaround by writing a small batch file that allows the Windows XP scheduler to run the nightly backup.

Is that a work-around you found, or from the author?

As best as I remember, this came from the TrueImage support forums:In order to be independent from the embedded Windows scheduling and other services which can be disabled on some computers for the specific reasons we have decided to develop our own. However, you still can use Windows Scheduler in order to run Acronis True Image 9.0 scheduled tasks in the following way: - Create a new task using Schedule Task wizard, but do not schedule it, i.e. choose "Do not start automatically" option on the the Start Parameters screen; - Find the appropriate script file in the Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAcronisTrueImageScripts folder (you can see the task name inside the script file); - Schedule this script execution on the particular point in time using Windows Scheduler; If you want us to proceed with the investigation of the problem with Acronis True Image embedded Scheduling Service then please create schedreport.txt and schedul2.log files and then send them to us in the way described above. PD

Yes, you won't go far wrong with Acronis True Image Home. I am currently using Version 9.0.I've used True Image now since version 6. Safe and reliable and good customer support. Version 9.0 is quite versatile.I see it's up to Version 10 (approx. 100MB d/l), but still remains very competitive and excellent value for money.Mike

Guest Ichinin

Error messages? Ok:Have you scanned your drive for defects/bad blocks?Have you changed filesystem to something newer that your imaging software do not support? Have you checked that the cables are properly attached to the drives, and that no pins on the harddrive interface are bent?Do you have any other software installed that may interfere with the imaging software?