Posted (edited)

In this video I go through all my settings and tweaks that I've refined over the last few years. Goal: to get the best performance and image quality possible. I hope it’s helpful!

Topics:

• MSFS settings
  • Nvidia control panel settings
  • Windows settings
  • Nvidia profile inspector settings
  • How to update DLSS versions
  • How to use DLDSR
  • HDR calibration
  • How to make FG work
  • G-Sync settings
  • Using the Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) overlay to fine-tune performance 
  • …and maybe some more that I’ve forgotten about

Sorry that I didn’t structure the video a bit better. I’ve been planning to make such a video for a while, and today was a perfect opportunity as I had to do a complete MSFS re-install. So I just went ahead and made the video without any planning. 

It's quite a long video, but I tried to discuss the most important settings first.

Useful folders:

• FlightSimulator.exe folder: C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\
  • UserCfg.opt location: %localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\
  • Shader cache locations: 
    • %userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\DXCache 
    • %localAppData%\NVIDIA\GLCache 
    • %localAppData%\D3DSCache 

Useful resources:

Recommended addons: 

PS:

• Sorry, mentioned it in the video, but completely forgot to talk about how to do a quick MSFS re-install without having to re-download hundreds of gigabytes. I’ll make a separate video on this including how to dramatically increase download speeds.
  • Also, I think I incorrectly stated that worker density should be set to at least 1 (for AI aircraft pushback to work). I meant airport vehicle density.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have are struggling with some settings or have any questions.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f