Sign in to follow this  
BigGiraffe

AiSmooth does not detect user aircraft

Hello, I have been using AISmooth Version 1.20 on FS2004 for some time.  The program is doing a pretty job job preventing ai aircraft go-arounds, but it does not recognize my (User) aircraft even with the "User plane response" box checked.  Often, an ai aircraft will overtake me, even 10 miles out on final approach, pass by, and then get cleared to land -- no intervention by AiSmooth.  Have other people seen this and been able to correct it?

I am using the default settings.

Thank you,
Kurt

Yes, I have seen the same thing from AISmooth in FSX.  Nothing like having a big jetliner fly right through you to land
ahead and block the runway!

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FSUIPCTraffic Zapper may work for cases like this? I don't remember zapping aircraft air-to-air. You need a registered version of FSUIPC, but now it's free for FS9.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hi!  Apparently that Traffic Zapper started with FSUIPC Version 4, but those later versions don't work with FS2004.  Interesting way to handle the encroaching ai, but there isn't really a "good" way.  If I don't feel like going around, I just land anyway...

Thanks,
Kurt

6 hours ago, BigGiraffe said:

Hi!  Apparently that Traffic Zapper started with FSUIPC Version 4, but those later versions don't work with FS2004.  Interesting way to handle the encroaching ai, but there isn't really a "good" way.  If I don't feel like going around, I just land anyway...

Thanks,
Kurt

It works for me, honey . . .

I am on v3.999z9b, which I understand was the final version for FS2004. Traffic Zapper is certainly an option on that version. If it doesn't work for you on the default key "#" try assigning it to another, e.g. Ctrl-#. I had to do that owing to a conflict with another piece of FS software.

The only other point I would make is that the Traffic Zapper feature requires the unwanted aircraft to be directly ahead of you, you can't pan about and blow aircraft out of the sky at random.

Traffic Toolbox (which comes as part of the SDK) will let you remove specific aircraft on the fly (no pun intended!).

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Well, Traffic Zapper IS in there, after all  (FSUIPC version 3.99).  But you have to know that in advance because it's not on the tabs, where I expected it to be.   The reference I saw that indicated it was added on Version 4 and discontinued on Version 7 was in error.

I ran with Traffic Zapper and it worked on the ai airplane that passed me up.  It is better to remove one ai airplane than to jump to 8x time acceleration and back (or reset time one minute) to reset everything, in my opinion...   Still, I wish Ai Smooth would detect my airplane.  I was hoping there was some setting I could fix.

Thanks,
Kurt

On 5/2/2024 at 12:55 AM, BigGiraffe said:

Still, I wish Ai Smooth would detect my airplane.  I was hoping there was some setting I could fix.

It should, Kurt. I'm not an AI Smooth user myself, but this thread at Flightsim.com suggests the correct settings to do so:
https://www.flightsim.com/forums/topic/18062-ai-smooth-111/

Hoping that helps,

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks, AI Smooth helps quite a bit keeping down AI go-arounds.  I see various opinions on settings in those threads, and I'll try some fo the more extreme changes and see if things improve with respect to my user aircraft.

Meanwhile, I now have the Traffic Zapper to deal with overtaking airplanes.

Best regards,
Kurt