Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Old issue is back.

After long time. the issue with AI planes hanging in the air is back  

Witnessed this today with 6.7.2 while arriving at KCLT.

Just an observation

I have that too, I am no expert, but I think it is a RealTraffic data issue.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Silicus said:

I have that too, I am no expert, but I think it is a RealTraffic data issue.

indeed, while PSXT has not changed

Watched KLGA for about 3 hours but no problems like that.

Edited by kiek

Had it at KDEN yesterday.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

It's on arrivals only. No issues on the initial loading of PSXT in the airport of departure

14 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

It's on arrivals only. No issues on the initial loading of PSXT in the airport of departure

What exactly do you see? Aircraft taxiing and hanging a few meters above ground, or?

Just now, kiek said:

What exactly do you see? Aircraft taxiing and hanging a few meters above ground, or?

Taxiing aircrafts are totally fine and they have always been this way. The issue is mostly (if not 100%) with static AI at the gates when you arrive at destination airport. I flew KPHL-KCLT yesterday and saw many static AI situated 30-50 feet above the ground. When I reset PSXT at KCLT after the arrival, I did not notice any artefacts. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Taxiing aircrafts are totally fine and they have always been this way. The issue is mostly (if not 100%) with static AI at the gates when you arrive at destination airport. I flew KPHL-KCLT yesterday and saw many static AI situated 30-50 feet above the ground. When I reset PSXT at KCLT after the arrival, I did not notice any artefacts. 

Hmm, static ai at gates has nothing to do with RT...  Never heard of this problem before, I'm a bit surprised/confused by the topic of this thread.

Edited by kiek

11 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hmm, static ai at gates has nothing to do with RT...  Never heard of this problem before, I'm a bit surprised/confused by the topic of this thread.

I thought it was a discussion a few months ago that it might have been caused by a difference between live weather pressure and RT historic data (I always fly historical flights)

Anyway, 

I will be flying KCLT -KLGA later tonight, and if I spot the same behavior upon arrival at KLGA, which files I should be looking at?

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I thought it was a discussion a few months ago that it might have been caused by a difference between live weather pressure and RT historic data (I always fly historical flights)

Static parked aircraft are just placed on the ground, no QNH or weather  involved