I have created a VFR flight plan using LNP and exported it as an MSFS flight plan.

I load the saved flightplan in MSFS but it is different.

Note in the following screen shots in LNP I have selected RWY 03 as the departure runway yet in MSFS it shows RWY as the departure runway.

What am I doing wrong?

flightplan-lnm.jpg

flightplan-msfs.jpg

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

Hard to say what and if there is something wrong without the flight plan. But I guess the departure waypoints are too close together and MSFS ignores the departure runway. Try without setting a departure runway in LNM. Also change the flight plan in MSFS only in the drop down menus and not in the map to avoid MSFS reshuffling the plan.
If all goes wrong you can still create a plan in MSFS, save it as PLN and then load this (LNM menu "File" -> "Open Flight Plan") into LNM.

See here in the LNM FAQ for a list of issues with MSFS: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#flightplan-msfs

Alex

Thanks for your reply.

I removed the departure rwy in LNM and MSFS then 'draws' the first leg from the chosen parking position.   I guess that should work ok.

I must also look up how to insert a SID although I' can't remember if this particular airport has them.

John

You're welcome.🙂

Just now, Jarnie said:

I must also look up how to insert a SID although I' can't remember if this particular airport has them.

Right click on the airport in the map and select "Show Procedures". This will show a tree-like structure with filter and all. See here for details: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/latest/en/SEARCHPROCS.html

Alex

Posted (edited)

NO matter what I try I cannot get MSFS to load my flightplan the way it was created and the way it displays in LNM and that includes the start RWY which I selected as 03 yet in MSFS it does not start at RWY 03 in fact the flight starts from RWY 26. Weird!

I have included a link to my flightplan and hope that someone can have a look and work out what the problem is.

https://mega.nz/file/AClhiBSZ#QTxvVUVk30FU2eCVEQ42lB-5ZmPiSYocyqLQuYkcuN0

Edited by Jarnie

John

Thanks for the plan. I see nothing unusual. VFR, no procedures and no airways. Normally MSFS should be able to load this.

Give me a day or two to test this. I'm not at my flying computer now.

Alex

Posted (edited)

Thanks   I wonder if the particular airport is 'different' from normal in MSFS.  I will press on and give you time to look at it.  BTW it is a scenic VFR flight covering Route 66 in USA from Albuquerque to Santa Monica which my late wife and I drove a few years back.

I have tried a few th9ings including Reset All for a new flight and reloading my flight plan and save as MSFS and even though the flight starts at (is 'drawn from)  RWY 03 in MSFS it starts at RWY 26 - weird!

Edited by Jarnie
Big change to original reply

John

Posted (edited)

Please disregard the following reply as I then compared both flight planes with Notepad and found that the original one has an 'alternative airport' (of YSTW) which explains why. It is strange that the author of the flightplan selected YSTW as an alternate airport as it is much further from the destination airport than many others which are much closer (yes that doesn't make it any better I know 😁).

I still cannot correct the flightplan which is the original reason for this thread and so look forward to learning anything you discover.

I now have another independently created flight plan (YMEN - YSCB) which when opened draws another leg from the destination (YSCB) to YSTW.

I decided to go back to an earlier version of LNM and loaded the same flight plan. The same thing happened. I opened the flight plan in Notepad but could NOT find and reference to the extra leg and airport so I reopened the flightplan in LNM and noted that the 'profile' did not display the extra leg and airport yet the main window did so I selected the extra airport and selected Delete from Flightplan, Saved the flight plan and reopened the flight plan. Now that extra leg and airport does not display. 

Something in a 'cache'?

Edited by Jarnie
Found reason

John

I checked your flight plan above on my MSFS installation and see no issues, sorry.
I tried without Navigraph MSFS update, with and without start position and with and without departure runway. All looks ok to me. No direct line between departure and destination.

The difference is probably that I use the MSFS beta which means that there is a small hope that Asobo fixed something. Hopefully. Maybe. Probably. 🤐

If you use a plan from another author: Make sure that all airports and waypoints exist in MSFS. Maybe the author used the Navigraph update or an add-on airport which is missing in your sim.
Reload the LNM scenery library after simulator updates or adding new airports. This ensures that LNM and MSFS are in sync.

You can expect problems if LNM shows a red error message label (click this for more information) and/or red highlighted flight plan waypoints. Edit plan manually to fix this.

Alex

6 hours ago, albar965 said:

Reload the LNM scenery library after simulator updates or adding new airports. This ensures that LNM and MSFS are in sync.

Thanks. Maybe that is the 'way to go' and I will look for reloading the LNM scenery library when I get home.

The flight plan is my own and even when I do a 'clear' and start a brand-new flight plan from KABQ to another airport either close or not and select RWY 03 MSFS starts with my aircraft at RWY 26. It's the only departure airport which causes this anomaly. 

I get around it by changing the RWY in MSFS.

Maybe too I will ask a friend to create a simple flight plan using LNV from KABQ and RWY 03 and send it to me to see what happens with my system.

Thanks again.

John

John

Posted (edited)

Well that (rebuilding the database) made no difference.

And just in case there was something in Community folder I reemoved every addon so it contained NOTHING.

The problem still exists.

It would be good to see what happens in my system to use a flight plan out of KABQ RWY 03 created by someone else on their PC and have them advise that using that FlightPlan in MSFS their aircraft starts on rwy 03 because quite frankly I cannot see how my system is causing the problem

Edited by Jarnie
add sentence

John

Posted (edited)

I am wondering if the fact that LNM shows RWYs 17/45 as Closed could cause the problem even though I don't choose either of those runways.

FYI I created a flightplan from KABQ RWY 03 using Simbrief and it works (in MSFS) as expected ie. it starts at rwy 03 and not 26.

Edited by Jarnie
add sentence

John

7 hours ago, Jarnie said:

FYI I created a flightplan from KABQ RWY 03 using Simbrief and it works (in MSFS) as expected ie. it starts at rwy 03 and not 26.

Can you upload the Simbrief plan here so I can compare it with the LNM export? Sometimes it's subtle changes that break MSFS.

Alex

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your reply and interest.

I started putting together a folder containing LNM and Simbrief flight plans and the LNMPLN files together with screen shots again showing what is happening in MSFS when the I noticed that when I load the LNM created FLP it displays correctly. I cannot believe it. After hours and hours of trying this and that without any success all of a sudden it now works correctly.  

I had noticed though since yesterday that when I run LNM I was getting a message something to do with Westher not being available for XPlane. I had clicked on something I cannot remember now regarding the 'database'. Anyway I then selected (drop down menu) Weather and selected Airport Weather source  and noted it was set to Flight Simulator and so changed it to Vatsim.

The problem then started happening again.

IMHO the problem I am having appears to be connected with Weather source.   What should it be set to for MSFS?

Edited by Jarnie
Big change

John

Posted (edited)

Error in my reply - I was on my way out and got it wrong.

The problem has returned although now in MSFS it starts the flight from RWY 8 regardless of what I select as the weather source.

I am about to put it all in the "too hard basket" ie give up on it YET the problem only happens at KABQ, I don't have the problem with flight plans for other airport departures.

The flight plan I created using Simbrief which MSFS opens at the correct (planned) departure RWY of 03 can be downloaded from

https://mega.nz/file/AClhiBSZ#QTxvVUVk30FU2eCVEQ42lB-5ZmPiSYocyqLQuYkcuN0

Edited by Jarnie

John