Sign in to follow this  
Icarus

Have you uninstalled FSX?

If so, I'd appreciate your advice. Under 'Support Alert: Files Removed on FSX Uninstall,' the fs insider site has this: "When uninstalling, users will be asked if they would like to remove their 'save game' files ...if they choose to keep them, the added files will remain in the same locations after Flight Simulator is uninstalled." OK, but when I go to uninstall, I'm presented with a dilemma. The only options are [1] Repair: uninstall all program features installed by the previous setup, and [2] Remove: remove all installed features. I click hopefully on Remove, but nobody's giving me any choices. It seems to be a straight Yes/No to removal. I could click Yes just in case the 'save game option' appears, but at that point I chicken out and seek help rather than plunge into potential disaster ...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When uninstalling, users will be asked if they would like to remove their 'save game' files ...This is AFTER you choose to Remove - basic Windows 101 behavior - your not uninstalling if you did not tell it to Remove FSX.seek help rather than plunge into potential disasterAnother basic knowledge requirement of using computers is knowing where critical data is stored on the computer and how to make backup copies. You have to ask yourself as you finish each day "Did I change any critical files that I cannot recreate?" and make backups of those files.The question is not IF the computer will crash and destroy everything - but WHEN.Mac, PC, Linux, AS400 - doesn't matter - they will all fail at some point.