Sign in to follow this  
AJZip

Going great but odd new problem

Posted (edited)

Hi

As the title suggests, Pilot2ATC is going really well for me after @Dave-Pilot2ATC 's and other members help a few weeks ago.  And I'm loving it!!  

My next major breakthrough after getting the basic set up correct, as admittedly pointed out in the instructions, was to get the P2A Language Training working.  And WHAT a difference - no more repeating of instructions needed, P2A understands now and responds pretty much first time, every time to my attempts at communication with ATC.  And in VR, the immersion boost is massive :smile:

My odd new issue is this:

- I'm running Windows 11 but have automatic updates switched off, as I don't want to inadvertently end up on the forthcoming new version (24H2) which will (don't you just love MS) render my Reverb H2 headset unusable.  As such, I am delaying routine updates to the maximum 5 weeks MS allow at a time so I can get maximum prewarning through the forums of any issues or MS 'jumping the gun' and turning off Windows Mixed Reality even earlier than the pulled forward date they are already imposing.

- So, with me being still in Win 11 version 23H2, I have just brought Windows 11 up to date with the last 5 weeks worth of updates.

- And all works normally - except that an oddity is now happening with Pilot2ATC

- My start up routine has not changed: Start up MSFS; Start a flight and aircraft, engines running, comms all on and working; then boot up Pilot2ATC in administrator mode; load the flight in P2A, validate, connect, file the flightplan

- ATIS works fine so all, at first, seems good.  I then switch to the auto allocated ground comms frequency to copy.  And there is absolutely no voice recognition.

- Leaving everything else running, if I just close Pilot2ATC, reboot just that, re-load the P2A flight, re-connect, re-file and try again, then this time it responds!  Every time, I am getting the same issue with the same solution.

So my guess is that the last Windows 11 has changed a setting somewhere - but all settings I can see appear to be as they were before.  And, as a workaround, why would just a reboot of Pilot2ATC alone make the difference?

Any clues - especially relating to any settings that the Win11 routine updates over the last 5 weeks may have changed that could have affected Pilot2ATC?

I have the workaround, but it would be nice to not need to do that - so all thoughts & wisdom gratefully received!

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Well, I'll check over the next few days, but I think I've bottomed it.

I saw a comment on one of the BATC threads in the MSFS section above that BATC won't recognize the Reverb headset unless WMR is already running before BATC is booted up.

Well, I have to say that Pilot2ATC never had that issue - I could boot up the headset at any time in the process and Plot2ATC would handle it just fine.  Indeed, my normal routine was to set up MSFS, aircraft and comms, then Pilot2ATC and FSDesktop all in 2D and then boot up into VR before my first flight copy request through Pilot2ATC.  But clearly no longer.  I realize I now have to boot up the Reverb headset before I boot up Pilot2ATC and then all works fine 🙂

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2