Sign in to follow this  
mike7440

brakes/rudder only work in external view

started a flight (pmdg 738) everything worked fine. could disengage brakes, steer with a tiller, rudders worked fine. landed 5 hours later and couldn't stop. brakes didn't work, rudder didn't work. 

rudder pedals and brakes look fine in msfs controls, and in external view they work fine as well.

Tried this with PMDG, Fenix, and Piper Arrow, all with the same effect. I feel like I might have triggered some feature that I didn't know about? I restarted the machine as well, same thing. I guess I should reinstall, but was wondering if anyone has had this happen?

thx

mb

Interesting that you say this - I noticed this with the Azur Poly OV10 Bronco two days back. One and only time so far but toe brakes seemed to have no effect at all after landing. Used the parking brake and reversers eventually to prevent excursion. Never happened previously. Brake pedals were visually being pressed in the cockpit so input was being registered in the sim. I don't recall that the rudder was not working though, just the brakes. I am not on the beta. Using CH Products rudder Pedals. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I reinstalled msfs and everything is fine again. In my case there was no visual reaction to brake action while in cockpit viewers. I chalk it up to an anomaly.

• Like 1