Sign in to follow this  
louiseSEUK

Turtlebeach Velocity One - what am I missing?

Hello everyone,
I've recently downloaded the demo of AaO having been a long time user of another axis management plugin.
I've so far managed to get axis assignments on the yoke portion of the Velocity one working, along with a number of buttons, but cannot get the throttles/vernier controls or buttons on the throttle bit to be picked up.

It makes no difference in or out of sim, this behaviour is the same - but the devices are all responding to input fine in the controller dialog in Windows and if they have they are managed out of MSFS' controls dialog or the other axis management plugin (and yes, I have checked that both those alternatives are disabled before enabling AaO).

AaO does recognise the device as a "gamepad", but doesn't recognise any input at all, even disabling all the other devices I have connected. I am using the Asobo Beech default to configure AaO. Has anyone else successfully configured this hardware? I've found some older posts here regarding the trim wheel, but those all suggest that they have been able to successfully set up the throttles and yoke.

Having a root around in the xml files, both the yoke and throttle (listed as gamepad) have almost identical GUIDs, I think just a few characters difference.

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong or what I have missed? 

Thank you,

Louise

Louise

London, UK

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, louiseSEUK said:

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong or what I have missed? 

I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with this hardware. All I know is that the Velocity items are made so they work with the XBox, right? That is why they are picked up as gamepads.

Hardware GUIDs always look very similar, that's nothing to be concerned about.

Short of buying this controller myself, I cannot help you, sorry. But that is essentially what the DEMO version is for - to prevent you from buying an app that doesn't work for you.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Posted (edited)

I suspect that this device poses as two separate gamepads, and that AAO has trouble distinguishing them. I will see if I can fake this situation somehow by using multiple XBox controllers. But that will take a while, I only have one of those at home, have to fetch a second unit first (=tomorrow)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

So here is the confirmation: at the moment, AAO does not support this hardware. The library that is being used for controllers of this type apparently can only handle one gamepad at a time. The facilities and the logic is all there, yet it refuses to instantiate gamepads on any slot that "0" (there are four in total)

This issue will be addressed in a future version of AAO, but it will require a partial rewrite. So it will probably not be the 4.20 (depends on how long MSFS SU15 is going to take)

LORBY-SI

Thank you for looking into this. A shame, but it sounds positive that this might be resolvable in the future. I'll keep an eye on updates !

Many thanks for your help and time,

Louise

Louise

London, UK

So I bought another "real" XBox controller, and with two of those attached AAO works correctly. Apparently there are gamepads and then there are gamepads. 😖

Make sure that the second controller of the Velocity device hasn't been blacklisted by AAO (Hardware->Device blacklist)

20 hours ago, louiseSEUK said:

A shame

I'm not sure about that. There will always be hardware that a certain app doesn't work with. That is where there is the DEMO version.

LORBY-SI

34 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

So I bought another "real" XBox controller, and with two of those attached AAO works correctly. Apparently there are gamepads and then there are gamepads. 😖

Make sure that the second controller of the Velocity device hasn't been blacklisted by AAO (Hardware->Device blacklist)

I'm not sure about that. There will always be hardware that a certain app doesn't work with. That is where there is the DEMO version.

Oh, sorry - I meant it was a shame I couldn't get it working, the demo is a really positive thing.

Louise

London, UK