Sign in to follow this  
jimh

Scenery Problem!

Hi,

A few months ago I carried out a clean install of P3D 5.3 HF2 on Ray's advice, to solve a problem with LFPG.  All went perfectly, and I've been flying happily 'till now.

P3D crashed out and would not restart, so I carried out the same procedure as above.  The sim now works perfectly with default scenery.   I have a load of Orbx stuff, from Global airports to countries etc..

All is ok with Global Base Pack installed.  Installing Global open LC Europe wrecks the scenery.  Uninstalling OLCE returns scenery to normal.  Adding Orbx Airports is ok with default scenery as before.  Adding any European Region wrecks the scenery (I fly only in Europe).  The scenery layering is perfectly normal as I've always had it.  I use Lorby's Addon Organiser to check or add other sceneries as necessary.  My scenery now has big rectangular blue, grey, and black patches scattered all over.  I've never seen the like in many years of FSX and P3D.  Apologies for the long explanation.

I'm at a total loss, so any suggestions would be very welcome indeed!

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Jim,

A couple of things come to mind regarding the color patches you describe:

1. With Orbx, did you try the Sync simulators command/option? In the past this has solved black patches I have observed in the scenery.

2. Also, during the P3D uninstal/re-install, did you delete the shaders folder once the re-install was complete?

For the crash, was this on loading P3D or while flying? It would be interesting to know if the crash caused a Windows event to be logged. You can find the errors in the Windows Event Viewer applications log.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

5 hours ago, jimh said:

Hi,

A few months ago I carried out a clean install of P3D 5.3 HF2 on Ray's advice, to solve a problem with LFPG.  All went perfectly, and I've been flying happily 'till now.

P3D crashed out and would not restart, so I carried out the same procedure as above.  The sim now works perfectly with default scenery.   I have a load of Orbx stuff, from Global airports to countries etc..

All is ok with Global Base Pack installed.  Installing Global open LC Europe wrecks the scenery.  Uninstalling OLCE returns scenery to normal.  Adding Orbx Airports is ok with default scenery as before.  Adding any European Region wrecks the scenery (I fly only in Europe).  The scenery layering is perfectly normal as I've always had it.  I use Lorby's Addon Organiser to check or add other sceneries as necessary.  My scenery now has big rectangular blue, grey, and black patches scattered all over.  I've never seen the like in many years of FSX and P3D.  Apologies for the long explanation.

I'm at a total loss, so any suggestions would be very welcome indeed!

Regards, Jim

Read my post on how track scenery problems with uninstalling in my ORBX thread. Without having to use Addon Organiser outside the sim. This can be done in the sim even while flying.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hi Mark,

I did sync simulators at your suggestion.  I checked the insertion point.  After an initial brief test flight in the newly installed sim, I did delete the shaders.

On the original crash:  I use FDC for my aircrew.  I load P3D ready at the gate, then connect FDC.  FDC tends to take focus away from P3D, obliging me to go to Task Manager to fix P3D.  I very hurriedly clicked the P3D screen to bring focus back.  I then pressed Shift to begin opening a pop up window.  Shift made the virtual cockpit view spin round at high speed, and couldn't be stopped.  Shift did not do this outside of P3D.  With no ideas I decided on this uninstall/reinstall.  I think it is too long ago now for event viewer.

Thanks to Raymond for his tip.  It's a very useful option.

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

FDC Addon is your problem then not the sim or scenery. contact their support for answers.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks, Raymond.  At the moment I can fly as I've always done, with all my addons except Orbx regions.  I've logged 8 successful flights while testing.  If I'd remembered your advice in the Orbx thread, it would have helped.