Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Can't drag the map anymore

Add this to the list of weird stuff the sim does for no apparent reason.

I can't drag the world map to reposition it anymore. I have to put my cursor on the side of the screen toward where I want to go, then do a bunch of zoom ins and outs to get it to recenter.

This started right after the sim "forgot" a bunch of my settings, like switching all assists to easy mode and losing some controller assignments. I didn't think being able to move the map around was bound to anything particular.

Any idea what's going on and how I can fix this annoyance?

40 minutes ago, eslader said:

Add this to the list of weird stuff the sim does for no apparent reason.

I can't drag the world map to reposition it anymore. I have to put my cursor on the side of the screen toward where I want to go, then do a bunch of zoom ins and outs to get it to recenter.

This started right after the sim "forgot" a bunch of my settings, like switching all assists to easy mode and losing some controller assignments. I didn't think being able to move the map around was bound to anything particular.

Any idea what's going on and how I can fix this annoyance?

Check that you have the mouse profile set to default.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I've had the same sort of issue since MSFS launched. I'll click on the map to add a waypoint, then find I can't move the map, so I'll have to zoom in or out a number of times until I can finally move it. And this will happen several times during flight plan creation. It sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't

Also, sometimes I can click on the flight plan line to highlight it to ensure the waypoint links up the correct waypoints before and after a new one. Other times, I can't highlight it and I have to zoom in and out again, though that doesn't always work and I still can't highlight the line.

Frustrating.

(The only mouse profile I have is default).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Hah. That was it.  And the tip prompted me to go digging in the controls and, turns out, grabbing the world map *is* an assignable command. That's just weird.

Thanks!

• Like 1