Sign in to follow this  
Tristen Echols

P3D V5.4 CTD and or stutter

Hello all, my apologies for the sore subject, however I was curious if anyone is experiencing stuttering or a CTD in the vicinity of KPWM to the ENE VOR, and from KACY to the Atlantic City shoreline? The other night I was completing a long-haul flight from India to JFK, using PMDG 777 and P3D decided to call it quits at the ENE VOR. No error report on the event viewer, although I only get an App hang from the security and maintenance section. While investigating using no add ons, and default aircraft, I noticed no crash, just stutters lasting a couple of seconds. I've done tons of research on this topic and done just about every trick in the book, to no avail. I am legit stumped on this issue. Add-ons that I use is ActiveSky, ASCA, PMDG 777, AIG TC, Orbx Global, DD KJFK, ImagineSim VIDP, PACX, AI Ground, AI Flow, Envdir textures, and shaders, Pilot2ATC, FS2Crew777, GSX. I'm using an i9-14900KF with a 4090, and utilizing an AM to boot. Just looking for fresh ideas, I suppose.

Disable AIG in the addons menu then test.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I stopped using AI Flow and AI Ground as they caused very bad stuttering in P3Dv5.

You're using a lot of addons, and several of these could be the culprit.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

21 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Disable AIG in the addons menu then test.

15 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I stopped using AI Flow and AI Ground as they caused very bad stuttering in P3Dv5.

You're using a lot of addons, and several of these could be the culprit.

Dave

Thank you, guys, with your advice, my version of P3D is running better than the other day. I also took it a step further by reducing my autogen and scenery draw distance to low, which in my opinion is a small price to pay.

Ki,

I had the problems a found a very simple solution ; I reverted to 5.3 HF1, the best for me.

I never have these problems with this version.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX