Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Flight plan not fully displaying on map in the Honda Jet.

Hello, so I am new to the Honda Jet, and I am having trouble getting my flight plan to display correctly on the map and have included a few screenshots below for reference. So to start, I decided to do a quick test flight from Anchorage over to Valdez in Alaska. In the FMC, I manually created a flight plan which included the ARR and DEST airports along with the procedures for each airport and had one en route waypoint along the way. As far as I could tell, everything looked correct in the flight plan page based on the tutorials I have seen, however when I tried to see my flight plan on the map only part of was showing up. As you can see in the second pic, the line just starts in the middle of the map and there is no line to then enroute waypoint, which is JOH. In the first pic there was a line going to the first waypoint which was a part of the SID but as soon as I entered the approach procedure for the DEST airport, the line disappeared to that waypoint. 

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong. Sorry, I didn't get a pic of the actual flight plan page of the FMC but like I said I'm pretty sure I entered everything correctly based on what I've seen.

Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/ORxcVnK

Thanks

Jason Thiers

Without seeing the plan I'm not 100%, but I think you have loaded and activated the approach into PAVD, once it's activated I'm pretty sure that's all it show.

To get what you want:

Insert Departure Airport

Insert Destination Airport

Add enroute waypoints

Choose SID if you are using one.

(Pretty sure there are no arrivals for PAVD so...)

Choose your approach, load it DO NOT ACTIVATE IT.

Go into your FlightPlan and Remove PAVD before the approach so it sequences correctly.

That's how I do it, although generally I add the approach in enroute. 

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jt233 said:

Hello, so I am new to the Honda Jet, and I am having trouble getting my flight plan to display correctly on the map

Just to provide some clarity here. With the release late last summer of Hjet v2.0, the G3000 avionics integrated into the Hjet (and most if not all other G3000 based MSFS aircraft) is the June 2023 AAUI2 (Advanced Avionics User Interface version 2) developed by Asobo/Working Title.  With that integration, the Hjet's G3000 is no longer Hjet-unique.  What remains unique are some aircraft settings for the Hjet, such as fuel, payload, operation of doors, etc. that are found within the pages of the touchpad controls, and the Hjet E2 modeled auto throttle featue of the autopilot.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 5/19/2024 at 12:40 AM, Gazzareth said:

Without seeing the plan I'm not 100%, but I think you have loaded and activated the approach into PAVD, once it's activated I'm pretty sure that's all it show.

To get what you want:

Insert Departure Airport

Insert Destination Airport

Add enroute waypoints

Choose SID if you are using one.

(Pretty sure there are no arrivals for PAVD so...)

Choose your approach, load it DO NOT ACTIVATE IT.

Go into your FlightPlan and Remove PAVD before the approach so it sequences correctly.

That's how I do it, although generally I add the approach in enroute. 

G

Thank you, I will try the flight plan again without the arrival for now, however I think even before I put in a departure there was a line to the first waypoint int eh departure but no line to the en route waypoint. I will try it again and if it doesn't work I will make sure to get some pics of the flight plan as entered, in the FMC. Also, I think you're right that there is no SID for PAVD, but it does have some approaches. 

Jason Thiers