Hello, does MCE have any sort of auto-tune function? I ask because I had problems on my last flight from EDNY (Asobo enhanced) to EDDM (payware) with PF3, MCE, the Blacksquare B350 and the PMS750 (freeware). Apart from crazy view changes I hopefully traced back to identical hotkeys being used by MSFS and PF3, I also encountered the issue that frequencies were being changed on me: After landing I wanted to contact Munich ground on the frequency "A" provided by PF3, but after PTTing the request, the frequency was immediately changed to "B", and I never got an answer from ATC.

I did notice that the PMS750 recognized frequency "B" as "EDDM GND", so I checked the PMS' manual for references to auto-tuning, but could find none. Same for PF3, and in MSFS I believe I have deactivated all assistance options. That leaves MCE, hence my question: Does MCE do this? Oh, the only MCE function I was using was "Talk to ATC", as I was doing single pilot ops.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hello, does MCE have any sort of auto-tune function? I ask because I had problems on my last flight from EDNY (Asobo enhanced) to EDDM (payware) with PF3, MCE, the Blacksquare B350 and the PMS750 (freeware). Apart from crazy view changes I hopefully traced back to identical hotkeys being used by MSFS and PF3, I also encountered the issue that frequencies were being changed on me: After landing I wanted to contact Munich ground on the frequency "A" provided by PF3, but after PTTing the request, the frequency was immediately changed to "B", and I never got an answer from ATC.

I did notice that the PMS750 recognized frequency "B" as "EDDM GND", so I checked the PMS' manual for references to auto-tuning, but could find none. Same for PF3, and in MSFS I believe I have deactivated all assistance options. That leaves MCE, hence my question: Does MCE do this? Oh, the only MCE function I was using was "Talk to ATC", as I was doing single pilot ops.

The assumption is that you have "Talk to ATC controller" feature enabled and the <ATC> tab is showing "Using PF3 ATC".

The only time where the Fo is expected to dial a new frequency is when PF3 instructs through the "clearance.log" in \PF3\Logs\ folder

In much older versions, there was abug whereby when native ATC menu would change and show "Tune whatever on XXX.XXX" the Fo would comply (which is normal when using Native ATC), but it's not the case anymore when in PF3 or Radat Contact ATC mode.

I suggest you install the latest just in case:

https://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

The assumption is that you have "Talk to ATC controller" feature enabled and the <ATC> tab is showing "Using PF3 ATC".

Affirmative.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

In much older versions, there was abug whereby when native ATC menu would change and show "Tune whatever on XXX.XXX" the Fo would comply (which is normal when using Native ATC), but it's not the case anymore when in PF3 or Radat Contact ATC mode.

I suggest you install the latest just in case

I've just updated, from 3.0.6.0 to 3.0.7.8. Will report.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Posted (edited)

So, no more view changes, but since I updated to 3.0.7.8, MCE doesn't work properly anymore. It's keypresses don't seem to register with PF3. My own keypresses are registered. MCE also reads back PF3's instructions perfectly. It just seems to be MCE's keypresses into PF3 which don't work. Anyone else seeing this?

Oh, the frequency changes originated from the sim's own ATC. It seems a Ctrl + Shift + 1 will select the ATC option 1 ("[TUNE ...GROUND ON ...]"), even though the key press for that is defined as just "1" 🙄

Edit: I noticed PF3 now has an additional hot key that can be defined, it's to ask for descent. I defined that key shortly before I updated MCE. Maybe that's a clue...?

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

I reverted back to 3.0.6.0, and everything MCE and PF3 is back to normal.

Best regards, Dimitrios

On 5/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, d.tsakiris said:

MSFS or Prepar3D?

That was with MSFS

Best regards, Dimitrios

On 5/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, d.tsakiris said:

I suggest the following...

Save "Simco64_Ldr.exe" found in MCE installation folder somewhere else.

Download new file

Replace file and see if it behaves as expected with regards Hotkeys.

• Like 1

Thanks Gerald. Can I test the new file with my existing installation of 3.0.6.0?

Best regards, Dimitrios

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

Thanks Gerald. Can I test the new file with my existing installation of 3.0.6.0?

Affirmative

Only change from the very latest version, when the file simulates a bunch of keys down followed by keys up, the delay inbeteen has been increased to give a chance to FSUIPC to catch the separate events in case it was the issue.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

That seems to have done the trick! Both the MCE FO and me are now "heard" again by PF3.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

17 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

That seems to have done the trick! Both the MCE FO and me are now "heard" again by PF3.

Thanks for feedback.

You could update to latest version, then just replace that file..

• Like 1