Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nils79

Full Screen Problem

For some very strange reason, FSX no longer defaults to 'Full Screen' after I have selected a 'Free Flight' in the GUI.And yet 'Missions' do not present this problem at all.After installing the latest 163.75 nVidia drivers using themethods provided by this excellent young man at:-http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.htmlFSX was (and still is) running beautifully, except for this annoying requirement of Alt+Enter to get into full screen.I have looked in the cfg file but don't see any entry thatcould be reset to give a default full screen.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maximized=1 in the main section should enable fullscreen mode.A new FSX.cfg may also help.

Many thanks for your reply Nils,Checked the setting in the cfg and it was set at =1 but I will deletethis cfg file* and let FSX generate a fresh one to see if that cures the problem. *As always, I keep my original files saved outside of my machine, before making adjustments or deletions.

Both FS9 and FSX will start in the same configuration as it was when you closed it.

>Both FS9 and FSX will start in the same configuration as it>was when you closed it.Hiya Dave,What you say is very true, and is still the case with FS9, but withFSX, nope. I even save the flight that has just been flown in full screen, but after closing down FSX and then re-starting it at a later time and clicking on 'Fly Now' which, has all that was saved from that last flight still un-altered, after the loading dialog boxfinishes, we are all ready to go, but in the minimised screen.Removed the cfg file from the machine and let FSX regenerate a new one, I altered the Maximized=0 to =1 and still it does the same minimising trick.On a different tangent, how did you show go? Would loved to have gone to it, but it's a bit too far from here in Oz.

>On a different tangent, how did you show go? Would loved to>have gone to it, but it's a bit too far from here in Oz. >Hi Dave,What show?

My sincere apologies Dave, I am a year out, when I read this* I thought it was for Sept 2007.*#1, "Southwest Devon" As my signature say's and everyone is welcome.Location is Ipplepen, just off the A381 Newton Abbott - Totnes roadDrive through Ipplepen village to the village hall at the 'T' Junction immediately in front of you.Talks, demo's and all you wanted to know and couldn't understand is available here.Usually third Sunday of the month from 10. 00 to 16.00.Bring along your set-up if you want or join in the fun with others.We have around 30 active members and was featured in the first P.C. Pilot magazine including a video.Tea, Coffee and biscuits available throughout.Last Sunday we had a talk about the use of 'SIDS - STARS'.Usually no meeting in December because of the Xmas holidays.Looking forward to seeing you there?Dave.......on the English RivieraDidn't realise that AVSIM kept posts for so long!! :-dohDid you have any further thoughts on this small screen problem?I ran up FSX this evening (it's 10.30pm here in Oz) and the other thing that happens is that the FSX splash screen that should appear during start up, is the same size and totally black for 75% of the start up time. That's before the FSX logo appears.

Did you really deleted the right FSX.cfg (%AppData%MicrosoftFSX)?Do you switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, if you fly?Perhaps your FSX doesn't exit correctly and doesn't save your last settings.