Sign in to follow this  
Guest phpdk

RJAA Terminal Missing

Seasons Greetings,I just performed a flight into Tokyo Narita and have the dreaded missing terminal issue that has been previously documented in various FSX hotspots. I tried the following to no avail:1) Reload the sim2) Delete all non standard scenery within the sim (I only had two-Blueprint KIAD & FS Acceleration)3) Adjusting various scenery slidersAfter a thorough search, I have yet to find a solution. Can anyone help a brother out?

Ryan Kelly

I am not sure what you mean by the dreaded missing Terminal issue that has been documented.I can assure you that all the Terminal buildings for RJAA Narita are in place and display properly including all attached animated Jetways.

>I am not sure what you mean by the dreaded missing Terminal>issue that has been documented.>>I can assure you that all the Terminal buildings for RJAA>Narita are in place and display properly including all>attached animated Jetways.>>Hello Jim,To clarify a bit better, the "missing terminal" issue is somehow related to the Acceleration Expansion from MS. In my case, the jetways and various other airport structures are visible, just not the terminals.There are several threads here in the FSX forum where other users are experiencing the problem. Here is one:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchI don

Ryan Kelly

Guest phpdk

Hi Ryan,No, you are not alone. I see it too, and I have noticed the same thing *at night* at many other locations. Including my "own" airport EKCH (both towers) and good old KSEA (the water tower NE of the airport tower). In most cases (and in RJAA too) the textures will be slightly transparent at dusk and dawn. And completely transparent (invisible) at night. In Acceleration with DX10 preview.I mentioned the problem some weeks back in the "positve thread" started by David Roch, but got no positive response on that one.Actually I feared that my graphics card was to blame. Now I hope for better drivers (I have tried them all - and found them very stable on my rig, but no good for FSX). At the moment we can only keep our fingers crossed or revert to DX9.Peter Gigabyte GA-P35T-DQ6 | Q6700@2.67GHz (no oc for now)|2Gb Corsair 133C9DHX DDR3 | Asus EN8800Ultra 768Mb | Vista Home Premiun 32

Guest fsxmissionguy

I note that you both are using the 8800 ... and also note that this graphics card/driver has been implicated in a seeming myriad of issues.

There are some Terminal issues at night in FSX. This has nothing to do with the Accel package or video card. KSLC since FSX was released has missing terminal textures at night only and can be seen in FSX, SP1a and SP2 both DX9/DX10 modes.My post was confirming that RJAA does not have a problem both day or night when my scenery compexity is set to max.There may well be a lot of post that others do not see certain portions of Terminals but then also some Terminal Buildings are set at scenery complexity: Extremely Dense. If you do not max out that slider you may not see everything.When I see a post were others say they do not see something I usually go look for myself. So far KSLC still has a problem since FSX was released over a year ago. It has been reported and 3 versions of FS has not fixed it yet.If I say I do not see a problem with Buildings in FSX at these airports being reported and others say they do then who has the problem. Is it me or my Computer? No. LTAI is another airport were Users continue to say it does not show correctly. Once again it is a scenery compexity slider issue.I also have Nvida GTX 8800 cards in this computer and ATI cards in another computer and don't see any issues there either. I do know that drivers are still being worked on but they are getting more stable with each release for my Vista Computer.

Guest phpdk

Please Jim...Of course I am aware of the scenery complexity issue. I run my sliders at max. But honestly: If I report that I see the textures allright at day time, see them transparent at dusk/dawn, and not at all at night, then how big is the chance that it is at scenery settings issue?(And I also reported that the problems related only to DX10).Peter

>Hi Ryan,>>No, you are not alone. I see it too, and I have noticed the>same thing *at night* at many other locations. Including my>"own" airport EKCH (both towers) and good old KSEA (the water>tower NE of the airport tower). >>In most cases (and in RJAA too) the textures will be slightly>transparent at dusk and dawn. And completely transparent>(invisible) at night. In Acceleration with DX10 preview.>>I mentioned the problem some weeks back in the "positve>thread" started by David Roch, but got no positive response on>that one.>>Actually I feared that my graphics card was to blame. Now I>hope for better drivers (I have tried them all - and found>them very stable on my rig, but no good for FSX). At the>moment we can only keep our fingers crossed or revert to DX9.>>Peter>> >Gigabyte GA-P35T-DQ6 | Q6700@2.67GHz (no oc for now)|>2Gb Corsair 133C9DHX DDR3 | Asus EN8800Ultra 768Mb | Vista>Home Premiun 32Peter, If this truly is an Accelleration bug rather than a DX10 bug then we stand a greater than zero chance of seeing this addressed. ACES have stated that there will be no more SPs (other than SP2) for FSX, but have not issued the same statement on Accelleration. On the other hand, if it IS an Accelleration issue, then I will be patiently awaiting SP2 release. I can live without the Accelleration "goodies", but not DX10 Preview as I find that a gem.

Ryan Kelly

Peter My post in this thread is addressing what the original post written by Ryan was asking. That is what we normally do here. We answer the question on the first post based on information given.No where in his post did he say what version of FSX he is using and what mode he has FSX set to. He also refers to the FS Acceleration package as non-standard scenery. Dreaded missing terminal issue that has been previously documented does not mean anything because what someone sees is not always what someone else sees.My response is simply to say all the buildings display properly but then I also see no need to say what mode of FS I am running in when that question was not ask and I cannot read someones mind or FSX setup. So the correct answer based on information given in the first post is to make sure the scenery complexity slider is set to the max value. If the original poster does that and still sees a problem then he should come back and give more information rather then to assume we know what he is running.If you want a Terminal building to display at a lower Scenery complexity value then exclude it and bring it back into a FSX bgl with a lower complexity slider value in the XML. I agree you have listed FSX version and mode DX10 but anyone that is in DX10 mode can also have more serious issues then missing Terminals at Night. You are assuming that you know what FSX version and mode Ryan is running and you may know but like I said it is not in any of his post so please address some of us properly based on what we read and not what you think or might know.We have reported to MS all the issues found so far with DX10 that are not occuring in SP2 DX9. We have also reported to MS the new issues that the Accel/SP2 pack introduced in DX9 mode over SP1a due to unneeded runtime codes.If you don't like the fact that you are missing some Terminal Buildings, progressive taxiway lines, aircraft nav lights, no runway flattens, etc, then simply drop back to DX9 mode instead of starting your response off with "please Jim". If you have not done so, write a e-mail to MS on the proper website like so many others have done. The more mail they get the more they have to go on. Just to reinerate and make myself a little clearer. There is no problem with Narita using FSX/Accel/SP2 in DX9 mode. DX10 mode is a different issue because the artist modler combined many Library objects into a single model.mdl and when the night texture is called for it can have problems displaying certain scenery textures on certain built computers. In the past one model.mdl generated one LibraryObject in most cases or combined just 2 or 3. We now see a single model.mdl generating 9 and 10 parts of a complete Main Terminal and one small single code error (non-compliant DX10 mode) in a night texture can take out the entire Terminal. FSX clearly says that DX10 is a preview mode and if it don't work for you or others that are in some sort of a documented forum that thousands of users have not participated in then drop back to DX9.

Guest phpdk

Jim,>My post in this thread is addressing what the original post>written by Ryan was asking. That is what we normally do here.>We answer the question on the first post based on information>given.Sorry for assuming that you assumed... However, I view this forum in threaded mode, and I noticed that you actually answered, not to the first post, but in the sub-thread containing my post. I therefore assumed that you were answering me, and I did state the DX10 mode.But, putting that to one side: In a general way you are right, of course, in pointing these things out again and again. The discussion is often muddled. But again, I am talking DX10 only. I made a very thorough test when I first noticed the problems at EKCH (the four issues I reported in the "postitive thread"). With all sorts of settings, with and without add-ons, and you name it. I discussed it with my partner on the Faroes Islands scenery project, and he saw the same things. I have reported the findings to MS.I understand your explanation on the mdl's. Old library objects may be made to pre-FSX standards, ok. But with FSX customs made objects it boils down to sloppiness. A pity, but perhaps understandable, giving the sheer amount of work.Also I accept your suggetion to use DX9 (and I said so myself). However, as a scenery designer, I feel I need to know what works and what does not work (and why not) in DX10 mode. (I made many customs objects for the Faroes Islands following (I believe) the FSX SDK to the letter, and I am happy to see that they all show correctly in DX10.)Peter