Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Disabling controller changes via FSX.CFG

Hi again, A while back I saw a post about adding an entry to the FSX.CFG which would disable all changes made to the controller settings in FSX if you started the sim without anything plugged in. I use 3 controllers and if I start the sim without them hooked up, assignments are made back to the Saitek X45, which I have converted and use soley as a throttle quadrant. Anyone know what this entry might be? It was something like "Disable ???? = True". Many thanks.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd like to try some scenery design and every time I start the sim without my CH Products connected, the Saitek gets assignments re-programmed to it and I don't want any conflicts with the CH Yoke when I fly. Any one know about this entry? Scenery designers? Thanks again. Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

I'm not aware of such a line entry in the FSX.CFG. I too had looked for something like that because it can be very frustrating to have automatic assignments made and have no option to simply "delete" all assignments using one button.While default assignments are made when a new unmapped input device is detected, I found that simply deleting the assignments in the axis and button mapping dialog works for me. This gets saved to the CFG file afterwards, provided you exit the sim normally (ie, no software crash or error).I also use Pete Dowson's FSUIPC for all axis and button mappings and bypass the FSX mapping mechanisms as I have much better control that way. This does not eliminate the need to undo the mappings the first time a new device is detected. It does however allow you to disable the joystick input from FSX so automatic mappings are less of a problem, even if they are made.If there is such a line to prevent the automatic map, that would be great! I'm hoping the Aces' usability experts will look at this and provide an option do undo (or redo for that matter) all default mappings in one button under "advanced settings" in the next version...Etienne

Hi Etienne, Yes a line like this would be sweet. I almost choked one night last week when I stumbled across a post stating it worked, but for the life of me I cannot find it in my bookmarks and my history had been cleared (I also use 2 different browsers which compounds the issue). I was flying at the time and couldn't implement it immediately. I agree about the handy delete all button, as you described, and hope Aces looks into that feature for the future. I am wondering, there is a standard.xml in the main sim folder itself that is used to store default settings when a new controller is discovered, why couldn't the code be edited to reflect an existing configuration and then it should restore as such when the "reset default" button is used??I'll keep looking for that post regarding the .CFG change. Thanks for replying.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

In the folder, where your FSX.cfg is stored, there is a folder "controls" and there you can find the standard.xml with your configuration. Simply save that file with your config, because FSX will overwrite that file, with the default config, if your controller is disabled.But i would be also very happy, about a FSX.CFG tweak, because i'm using a Xbox360 wireless controller, which is very energy hungry...