Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

A Positive on SP2

Guest United

Well, what do you know. I did a clean install of FSX+SP1+SP2 and at that through Acceleration and it works!! I guess my only remaining question for you all is: Is the SP2 recently released by ACES separately from Acceleration the same as the one inside of Acceleration? In other words, do I need to "patch" SP2 from Acceleration with the more recent free SP2? I kind of think not, but I thought I would ask nonetheless.Randy Jura, KPDX

>Well, what do you know. I did a clean install of FSX+SP1+SP2>and at that through Acceleration and it works!! I guess my>only remaining question for you all is: Is the SP2 recently>released by ACES separately from Acceleration the same as the>one inside of Acceleration? In other words, do I need to>"patch" SP2 from Acceleration with the more recent free SP2? >I kind of think not, but I thought I would ask nonetheless.No. Acceleration has SP2 included. In fact, if you did manage somehow to install SP2 on top of Acceleration (if shouldn't allow you!), you'd actually "break" the new Acceleration specific token variables and key_events, because the fsx.exe in Acceleration is different than the fsx.exe used by SP2... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest United

I spoke too soon. Now I'm having those CTD's reported by many mainly using NVidia cards. Mine's an 8800. I may have to uninstall Accet/SP2 out and try again. Apparently NVIDIA has recongnized a problem in their drivers. Maybe they'll provide us with some kind of fix. It's a full screen/menu problem but I'm not sure that's what mine is yet.Randy Jura, KPDX

Have a wonderful Festive Season Bill, and may the New Year see you in good health and prosperity.My wonderful 'Control Tower' Jenny, has purchased your Citation II SPfor my Christmas stocking and I can't wait to install and fly it.Is there anywhere I can get some info on your 'Hangar Kit' too?

>Have a wonderful Festive Season Bill, and may the New Year>see you in good health and prosperity.>>My wonderful 'Control Tower' Jenny, has purchased your>Citation II SP>for my Christmas stocking and I can't wait to install and fly>it.>>Is there anywhere I can get some info on your 'Hangar Kit'>too?Thanks for the kind wishes. May you and your 'Control Tower' enjoy a blessed season as well.Full instructions are provided in the download package. I have not personally tested it in FSX myself (no time really), but I can at least confirm that the "placed models" do indeed show up and work quite well in FSX. I simply copy/pasted my existing folder(s) from FS9 into the FSX Addon Scenery folder structure.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest United

that's not a "procedure" per se, it's a very complex guide; I'm not sure what you mean "follow it"Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Shalomar

Did you try the fix for the DC-3 in the Maam-sim forum?Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest Shalomar

One big advantage to SP2- FS9 aircraft such as the ATR-72 have rain on the windsheild with VCrain.zip. OH Happy day- the working windshield wipers have a reason for being again!!!The biggest drawback to it is multiplayer- looks like a lot more sessions are stil SP1... very few who are really into multiplayer seem to want to leave their friends behind.Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.