Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

A Positive on SP2

>OMG!, Ron and Lou begin to appreciate FSX...>I'd better throw my credit card away before my wife throw me>away from home!>>*:-* Good one! LOL. :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>OMG!, Ron and Lou begin to appreciate FSX...>I'd better throw my credit card away before my wife throw me>away from home!>>*:-* Ha Ha, good one David :-lol :-lol If you had been in our shoes for the last 14 months you would understand what crazy stuff we have dealt with.At any rate, as you can see in this thread, I'm a complete convert now but still have a responsibilty to build for and support the older platform as well. We committed to build for and support FS9 for 18 to 24 months after FSX RTM and man does time fly. We'll have to re-evalute that stand in only a few months. This is especially true when we look at DX10 and vNext in the light of Phils statments wrt backwards compatibiltity.For now, I'm extremely pleased with SP and Vista32 and want to encourage folks to give it another go because it is certainly worth it:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest wjotten

Ron, what a breath of fresh air seeing this post generate a whopping 15 positives (although admittedly there are several repeat posters here) to counter the literally hundreds of dissatisfied negatives. This speaks volumes. I'm definitely encouraged.

>Ron, what a breath of fresh air seeing this post generate a>whopping 15 positives (although admittedly there are several>repeat posters here) to counter the literally hundreds of>dissatisfied negatives. >>This speaks volumes. I'm definitely encouraged.Good to hear:-) It's an uphill challenge sometimes but when you have something really good you want to share it despite the naysayers :-lol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hasn't anyone figured out that this was simply a way for Ron to spout off about Eaglesoft's wonderful Twin Comanche? :D :D :D.....Seriously Ron, now you have my interest peaked a bit even though I've 'hung with' XP for the time being, and I've been taking a 'wait and see' approach to SP2.I also just installed an 8800GT myself, and seeing I had a half day off, was able to sneak in an 1.5 hour flight in the Twinkie myself. I have my FR's locked at 26, flew from Accomack Virginia to the Blue Ridge Mountains (Tri-City regional), averaging basically 20+/- FR's (many times over 20) for almost the entire flight. Smooth as silk even when it dipped below 20. A really wonderful flight, and the scenery basically stayed sharp as a tack. The aircraft was no slouch either :DSo....now I wonder if SP should get at least an install (and restore point ;) ) to check out if I would see any further performance increases.It only seemed a year/year and a half ago when I was finally seeing this type of performance in FS9.

Ever hear of the term SILENT MAJORITY? Guess not eh.Did I post in this positive thread? No?? Well, I have now. SP2 = all positive for me. Heck it even FIXED one of my add-on planes.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes, I know you guys had a crazy year with FSX + SP1 + SP2 + Dx10 + Vista ...together with the old plateform support.Tough task!And I am so happy you are still here! planning to produce fantastic aircrafts for FSX.FS without Eaglesoft and Dreamfleet airplanes is like champagne without bubbles!In November 1st I began a post called "Positive SP2/DX10 thread" because I was afflicted by the moroseness and moanings about FSX.I was surprized to see that it was read by more then 8000 folks and I thought that we were at a crossroad and the balance will gently begin to move from FS9 to FSX side.Your enthousiasm Ron gives a fresh breath air in the long and bustling FSX story.Keep up the good work :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Brian, my setting was unlimited when I did the test and was out over the country side. Again my post is for encouragement not a detailed test or tutorial:-)Any way, the unlimited setting was why I was so surprised to see such numbers:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks David, I have to admit I was head down on work during that time so just now took a look....Congratulations on doing the heavy lifting regarding the general negativity that has been so prevelant around these parts.Kind of reminds me of those commercials where everthing is grey and dark then the scene changes to sunshine and colors again:-)Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm happy to see some more converts. Hopefully, SP2 signals the end of the debate and people will realize we have to work with what we have irregardless of how one feels about it and hopefully yank the community from the seemingly stagnant morosity it has endured for the past year.Good to see, finally, and looking forward to seeing what Eaglesoft comes up with next, love that Twin Comanche, can't stop flying the thing.

>Ever hear of the term SILENT MAJORITY? Guess not eh.>>Did I post in this positive thread? No?? Well, I have now. >SP2 = all positive for me. Heck it even FIXED one of my>add-on planes.>>Rhett>I had the same experience. I installed SP2 this afternoon and it runs just fine. My favorite FS9 freeware plane now has textures for the wheels, and a pilot and copilot. It may have even bumped up the frame rate a tad.Now if Dreamfleet would offer an FSX Baron 58, life would be good. At least for a while.

The new ATI 3870 is nothing to sneeze at. Not quite up to 8800GT snuff, but a driver or two might change that. The card is easily half the price of its predecessor and uses half the power. I am not getting 90 - 120 in the frames, but I am happy with it.An add-on like the PMDG 744 will chew up about any hardware you throw at it, but other add-ons are less complex and nice on the frames. A good example of an older add-on resuscitated in FSX is the recently-released PC-12

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Ron, the GTX eats 16x Quality AF for breakfast at this resolution. You'll get another sim again... ;-)20-54-36-348.jpgHeiko

Wow Mango, haven't even experimented with the 8800 GT higher settings but will give it a shot and see what happens. Sweet shot by the way:-)I'm beginning to what you guys mean...it really is a new sim.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png