Sign in to follow this  
J van E

G1000 north up orientation

Has anyone figured out how to do this or if it is even possible in flightsim to switch from track up to north up orientation?Just a pet-peeve of mine....was hoping to fix it.Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Has anyone figured out how to do this or if it is even>possible in flightsim to switch from track up to north up>orientation?>Just a pet-peeve of mine....was hoping to fix it.>>Thanks! I suspect that you could go into the G1000 XML and change the drawing statements that set the heading:(A:GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK, Radians)I went the other way when I integrated the FSX tower radardisplay into the G1000.De-cab the G1000 and work with the XML in a like-named folder.Put the folder in the "panel" folder of the aircraft you want to useas a test bed. FSX will use that G1000 folder before the CAB filein the "gauges" folder.If you "break" something it's easy to recover :) Paul

Open the fs9gps.cab file and then open the gps500.xml file. Look for the token variable "Trackup"(@g:currentPageNAV) @kNAVPageDflt ==TrackUp Bool Set to True if the map should be drawn with the track of the aircraft facing up. False gives North facing up. The way the entry above is coded, if both current_PageNAV and kNAVPageDflt are currently set to "1" (i.e. "true") then is set to "1," otherwise it remains "0."There is no such entry in the G1000 XML code for "TrackUp," so if you want to add that function, you'll have to modify the code yourself... ;)

Wow, a woman asking for north up orientation! Cool! (Sorry, couldn't resist... :( )It's weird that this isn't possible because even on the most simple FSX GPS you can toggle between track up and north up!