Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Vista & FSX install on same partition?

Hello all,I am going to build a new rig next week specifically to run FSX and vista 32 and I am wondering what's best in terms of partitions and installation. Only 1 HD of 500Go will be available. I would like to know what's best:- install Vista on a dedicated partition and FSX on another partition? :-hmmm - install Vista and FSX on the same partition and default folders?:-hmmm :- install Vista and FSX on the same partition but with FSX in a separate folder?:-hmmm Considering your various experiences could you enlight me?Thank you :-rotor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With only one hard drive available for the machine, use one partition for both. Creating multiple partitions on one hard drive causes the heads to have to move around too much to be beneficial to the user.When the time comes to install FSX, direct the installer to a folder outside the Program Files directories. Use something like C:FSX as an example. Regards,Jim Karn

I never put any programs on my operating system partition, including FSX. Doesn't matter how many physical hard disks I have, RAID, whatever.scott s..