Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Fatal Error when closing FSX

Hi GuysI have FSX with Vista, and EVERY SINGLE time i close FSX, i get the meaage'Fatal error - FSX is restarting'.This isn't a huge problem, but it does mean that fsx.cfg doesn't get saved, thus none of my settings get saved.Although i'm sure i've seen this issue discussed, I've searched various forums on this but have drawn a blunk so far.Can anyone help me?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the same problem, its most likley because you have fsinn or fs copilot installed.

No, i have neither 0f those installed.What i'm now realising though, is that it's a Vista issue - not FSX i think.It's now happening with FSX, FS9 and MS Word7I assume Vista doesn't like the way they close down?

Hi Phil,Is your Windows Update up to date with all the compatibility fixes properly installed? You don't want any Failed messages in the update history dialog. Regards,Jim Karn

Hi JimI'm pretty sure the only download i dont have is the RC/SP1, but will go double check.Thanks

Nice one Tim. Installed the RC1 update and FSX seems to ok. Word still crashing though.