Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

I badly want an autopilot for my EH101

I have tried the following but nothing works. I have tried the EZ-GPS from Abacus. The autopilot function did not work. I contacted customer support and they stated that it only worked with aircraft with autopilot as default. So why do they advertise it with the following statement: [ Simulates autopilot flying for aircraft without one installed ] I looked at FSXPilot but it only shows itself in windowed mode which is a shame as its looks great.I have tried Dirk Fassbender's cougar autopilot. The install instructions are below but I do not understand them. I normally have no problems with manual install but these instructions baffle me. Could someone please explain the instructions below in laymens terms as I think this is my only hope of ever having an autopilot in my beloved EH101.PS: I am unable to log into hovercontrol's forum. Many thanks guy's._____________________________________________________________________HOW TO ADDthe autopilot to a helicopter.You need AS532AFCP.GAU and HAP.GAUAs a minimum you need to add following gauges to your panel.HAP!HAP.GAU (only one time!) AS532AFCP!AFCP.GAU (multiple adds are allowed)AS532AFCP!ANNUNCIATOR.GAU (multiple adds are allowed)ap1.cfg or ap2.cfg1 is for maximum FS realism setting and2 for any other setting)The configuration file may be located in any folder and the path to this file is given in the panel.cfg.The example in the readme isgauge00=HAP!HAP,0,0,8,8,AP1.CFGIn this example the configuration file is located in the default Bell installation folder. EXAMPLE[Window07]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=300,300window_size_ratio=1.000position=0visible=1ident=80window_size= 0.300, 0.330window_pos= 0.700, 0.360gauge00=HAP!HAP,0,0,8,8,AP1.CFG//use only once in the panel.cfg gauge01=AS532AFCP!AFCP,0,130,300,131,AFCP.CFG gauge02=AS532AFCP!Annunciator,0,19,320,123//NO SPACES ALLOWED BEFORE THE CONFIG FILE Within the AS532AFCP.GAU you will find some more gauges which are mouse area gauges for the stick and collective.

Keith Sandford.

I have no idea if this is part of the problem - but in the aircraft.cfg file there is this section:autopilotautopilot_available= 0flight_director_available= 0(Square brackets around the word autopilot for the section heading)I'm pretty sure it needs to be enabled i.e. autopilot_available=1and additional autopilot data like in other aircraft needs to be included.Like I said - no idea if it will work - but when fixed wing aircraft have autopilot_available=0 adding gauges will not give the aircraft an autopilot.

Guest dswo

Search for "Kay Grossmann" in the AVSIM file library. You'll find three mods for the EH101, including autopilot.

I have completely ballsed up my EH101 panel.cfg.Could someone possibly paste the original here so I can fix mine, or even better, if anyone has the cougar autopilot installed please paste your modified .cfg here, and save me another balls up. many thanks in advance.

Keith Sandford.

'System restore' will get it back for you.

Dave Taylor gb.png