Sign in to follow this  
Guest gnarvster

A TileProxy "Quick Guide" is now online...

>>For the record, for FS9 users, TileProxy does not alter your>FS9.cfg in any way, but it does change a few settings in the>FSX.cfg. The TP Manual lists these changes are made:>>[Display]>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is set to 400>Hi Guys:Thanks so much for making TileProxy and the TP "Getting Started" Tutorial available. :-)I am curious about the reported setting of TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 400 in FSX as I have been a user of this setting for years in FS9, but had read that in FSX this setting has been changed to a lower scale of units about 1/10th that of FS9 (30 to a max of 80).see: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...34487&mode=fullIs this "TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400" setting still applicable to FSX, and if so, is it only for running photorealistic textures with no (or very sparse) autogen as in the current version of TileProxy? :-hmmm Thanks again for any additional light you might shed on this subject for those of us contemplating a TP setup.GaryGB

GaryGB,You may be on the mark from what I've gathered. The section about "TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400" in the tweak guide at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_FPS_Guide has an update from Phil Taylor of Aces blog which tends to say that with FSX SP1 a lower setting may actually be better. With TP though, a higher setting may be benificial.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Thanks for your guide to Tileproxy. After having used it some time ago I came back to the new version yesterday. However I have a problem with the google service. A few minutes after lifting off I get a disconnect from the google server with some kind of "virus warning" for accessing the server too often. I have heard about the problem before but never had it myself. Is there anything I can do about it?

Hi Michael,I assume you are talking about the pop up warning that happens when using Google? It requires you type in the letters/numbers displayed on the pop up so that google's servers know you are a human using the service not a computer. TP has built in a "Captcha" module to deal with this. It's a bummer to have this popping up now and then, but if you type in the code displayed you can usually continue for a while. I personally like to use other map sevices to avoid the hassle.Look in the TP Manual under the "Captcha Entry to get continued access after 302 redirects" section for more informaation.

- T. S. Eliot

Ah, thanks for the headsup! I didn't notice that I have to type in the letters. But you are right, it's not very comfortable to do it all the time. Unfortunately the google images seem to be the best for most of the european parts...

An online version of the TP Manual is available here: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/manual.htmThanks to CB for letting me post an HTML version online. There are links at the head of the document for quick access to each Sections/Topics in the Manual. I will update this online version as new TP updates are released. Thanks again Christian for revitalizing and revolutionizing the FS experience.-Ed

- T. S. Eliot

Guest gnarvster

I have both FSX and FS9 installed, and it seems tileproxy is detecting both fs9 and fsx, making it go all crazy trying to load tiles for two programs at once. I the beginning of starting tileproxy it says, connected to fs2004 or 2002, and then after a while and some loading it says conneccted to fsx, even though fsx is not running.What can I do to fix this?

Guest cbuchner1

Are you running FS2004 and FSX simultaneously? ;)

Guest gnarvster

Hi!No I'm not running them simultaneously :)= I just have them both installed. I use fs9 for the pmdg planes as they are excruciatingly slow in fsx. Anyway it seems like Tileproxy thinks fsx is running. I don't get it... Apparently it is using a hook somehow, but how can it hook on to fsx via simconnect if fsx is just sitting there on the hard drive? Ive tried to look in the ini-files if i can tell it to somehow not mind the fsx installation, but it seems to love it.As soon as I start Tileproxy it says Connected to FSX! and it starts preloading tiles from my last flight position. And fsx isnt even running.