Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Good News

After an email and a few days of waiting, I was just given an invitation to tour the John Deere aviation facilities in my hometown, the Quad Cities. Flying for JD is a lifelong goal I've had ever since I got into aviation. The best part is, they fly Citation Xs, which is my favorite business jet. They also have a BRAND NEW '06 Citation Sovreign, and a few Citation IIIs. I am going to do all I can to get a job with them after I get enough hours. Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'll let you know how things go next week! On top of that, I met a Delta 737-800 pilot today at work and we talked about flying and even Flight Sim for almost 2 hours today. He said his girlfriend's son is about 15 and loves flying and that he's big into FS. I told him that I have been for quite some time, and that I use it as a cheap alternative to flying when I don't understand some instrument procedures. He gave me his phone number and told me to call him whenever I want, even if I just want to talk about planes. He even told me if I'm ever in ATL and want a place to stay, he'd gladly let me stay in his house! He was a really nice guy, and I'm actually going to be in ATL for the day next Thursday, so I think I'll give him a call and see if I can meet up with him somewhere. Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I'm pretty excited. I'll make sure to take pictures!

The pilot community is a great network when you meet all the right people.

Yep, but meeting the right people is unfortunately the hardest part! ;)