Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

Really Need Help Don't Want To Have To Reinstall FSX

Guest machammer

I have lost all my water in FSX. Oceans, Rivers etc.I have ran the FSX and Acceleration repairs and still no water.This all started with Megascenery Hawaii. I noticed that even thought I had water around the island that not far off shore there was land between the main island and the other islands in the area. So I decided to uncheck the Mega scenery in the Scenery Library along with Manny Mahadevan's great add-ons. When this didn't solve the problem I deleted them from the library. When I reloaded FSX I had no water at all around the island. I checked off the coast of KMIA and no water. I check at KPHL and no river.Anyone have any idea on how to get the water back? The rest of the scenery seems to look fine. I don't want to have to reinstall FSX if possible.Just to make sure there is no misinterpretation here. I am not blameing this on any of the scenery I've mentioned above.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Guest fsxmissionguy

The issue is related to your addon.Check the manufacturers page concerning a patch you need to apply after installing either SP2 or Acceleration (which also has SP2).

Guest machammer

Are you refering to the Mega Hawaii add-on? If so i did install that patch.As an update to all to my original post. I did not notice this land around the island problem until after I installed Acceleration yesterday. But, I can't say for sure that it wasn't there before the Acceleration install.Bill

Guest fsxmissionguy

Not sure if it's the Mega Hawaii addon, however I can assure you that one (or more) of your scenery addons is the problem. There have been other reports of this exact problem in the forum.The Acceleration install also installs SP2. Some scenery addons cause the water problem you're describing when SP2 has been applied.Your fix is going to be related to an add-on ... reinstalling Acceleration, or FSX wouldn't fix this. I'd suggest uninstalling all your scenery add-ons, then reinstalling them one by one to see which is causing the problem.

Guest IRS NAV ONLY

Hello Bill,I am facing a similar situation. Last Saturday I uninstalled a scenery add-on for FSX, and after I rebooted FSX not only all my water had disappeared, but all my terrain textures were gone as well (together with all of my World of AI traffic.) Everything else works fine. I tried many things (DVD repair function, uninstalling and re-installing SP1 and SP2, re-installing the deleted scenery) but nothing helped. I am out of options unless someone in this forum can figure out a solution. The last time I uninstalled FSX, it somehow damaged my FS9, and I ended up having to re-install both sims (about a week and a half worth of tedious work.) If somehow you fix it, please let me know (just do a search of my posts in this forum and post it there; I check them regularly.)Thanks a lot,Pauline

I lost all water and was replaced by jungle instead, what I did was total uninstall UTX and reinstall again, and so far it solved the problemJimmy

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀

Guest machammer

Ok the last thing I did was to uninstall Acceleration. That did the trick. I have checked Hawaii and KMIA and KPHL. Oceans are back looking great and the Delaware river in Philadelphia is back as well.Thanks to Nils for the add-on information link.Pauline if you read this let me know. Otherwise I will try and search for your other post.Now my concern is do I go back and install one at a time what I've uninstalled. Install Acceleration and the patches for UTX and MegaScenery Hawaii. Or leave Acceleration uninstalled.Thanks again to all who replied.Bill

Hi there.I had a similar problem just yesterday. This one involving Ultimate traffic and MyTrafficX. I installed UT and did not like it, uninstalled it again and went back to MT. And suddenly NO AC at all. After fumbling around with the faq, I sudenly had NO terrain textures at all. All was black. What helped me,to go back to where all was fine (without installing FSX all over again) was to uninstall SP2 and then install it again. After the first start FSX would tell me an ERROR in some DAT file (can

Guest machammer

Well I took the chance and reinstalled Hawaii and the add-ons. I checked KPHL, Hawaii and KMIA all looked fine. The next BIG step was to reinstall Acceleration, run the UTX and MegaScenery patches and start FSX. I'm happy to say that all is looking fine. I can breath now.This was a scare I don't want to relive.Thanks to all for your help.Bill