Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RFields5421

KDCA (Washington-Reagan) Approach ATC

I've had some really weird things happen trying to complete ATC controlled IFR approaches into KDCA (Washington/Reagan) with the 737-800.ATC cannot seem to find the airport! I have been sent off into oblivion, gotten 180 degree turn commands at approach level, series of different altitude/azimuth commands in a few seconds (that are impossible to respond to), and also cancellation of my IFR plan. I'm not sure, but I think this started after I increased the airline traffic from 65 to 70 percent in the sim, but there was also a Vista update was in there somewhere.A manual VFR approach with flight following, the GPS, and direct contact with the tower works fine.Anyone else run into the same Gremlin?I am using FSX SP2, Vista, and am current on "important" updates.Thanks,Thrakete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The real world approach to Reagan ain't much better. I don't have enough nerve to try this in FSX in a 737, so I can't help.ArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium

O.K. Art-Thanks for the reply anyway.With my present settings, KDCA area approach ATC may just be too much for my computer. I am using a Q6600 Quad Core with 3GB and an NVidia factory overclocked 8600GT with 512 MB on the board. Regards,Thrakete

You know, I've often wondered about that too.The FSX approach into this airport appears purposely designed not to facilitate such an approach.Hmmmm .... wonder why that would be?

AHA! I think you uncovered it! I knew there was a conspiracy in there somewhere! If I disappear now, you will all know what happened. :(Regards,Thrakete

>I'm not sure, but I think this started after I increased the>airline traffic from 65 to 70 percent in the sim, but there>was also a Vista update was in there somewhere.One of the things which happens with AI is that comm channels can be so busy that the user aircraft flies out of a boundary area before the ATC que gets to issuing the user aircraft instructions.If your aircraft crosses a boundary - you have to turn back on your own to resume the sequence.Which approach were you flying? Were you flying the default novice vectors to final, or an alternate approach with a transition? What was the IAF?