Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobbyjack

FSX will not run unless internet connection is active.

I cannot run FSX unless my internet connection is active. I don't like leaving the connection open during flight sessions since I am on for very long periods of time and I feel I am leaving the "door open". Is there a way to run FSX without having the connection open? Can you run it on a stand alone machine without an internet connection? Even though my program is properly licensed and activated, as soon as I close the connection, FSX stops working and says trial period over. If I try to start up without a connection, it won't run at all. As soon as I open the connection, it acts like nothing is wrong and works fine. Thanks for any education on this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSX does not need an internet connection whilst activated, the fact that it says trial period is over tells me it is not activated. If it is a original copy i think you need a reinstall.

Are you on a home network? Some people network their sim to use more that one computer. Maybe something strange happpened to you install. Right click on your desktop icon, click 'open file location' and see where your exe file is. I know it's a shot in the dark. As already stated, a repair or reinstall might be in order.Bob