Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest firehawk44

Vista SP1 and FSX

With Vista SP1 released is it worth moving FSX to the Vista platform or just stick with XP? I currently have a dedicated XP computer setup for FSX + addons I use another Vista computer for ActiveSky X.Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only reason I am on Vista32 is to use the Twin Commanche by Aerosoft which requires sp2Otherwise, I'd stay with XP, which I have on another partition, and then i can always use sp2, but this install uses UltimateTraffic for FSX, so I cannot use SP2This is all getting to be a bit wired...as I also have a partition for XP64.... with FSX installed to enable use of the 4G of RAMand am thinking of getting Vista64Then I will be really wired with 4 OSallen

For me it was worth moving up to Vista SP1. My system seems more stable and I have already seen almost a 200 point gain in my 3dMark06 benchmark. When I originally installed it, I saw only a 40 point gain but the system has settled a little and now it's up nearly 200. I also moved up to Vista to get the benefits of DX10 in FSX. That has given me some performance increases when turned on and I sort of like the shadowing created inside the VC when the sun is behind the aircraft. In other words, Vista makes full use of my high end computer system (a good computer system is needed to run Vista). I just couldn't see an old operating system running my high end computer. My system is safer now too with better security and more stable than previous operating systems. Lastly, I like Vista because it can run both FSX and FS9 almost flawlessly. When I ran FS9 with my new high end system, the FPS in FS9 were consistently over 100 with no stutters. The difference between my old system with XP installed and Vista was really noticable. IMHO you can't go wrong with the Vista platform.Best regards,Jim