Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Farringdon

Is there a way to get the wheel spray and engine spray effects for wet runways working on AI aircraft

Noticed these effect on the user aircraft. Have tried inserting the relevant effects [fx_enginewashspray] etc into the aircraft.cfg files of my AI but to no effect. There is no equivalent entry in the default a/c so not sure how the effect is driven - doesn't seem to be a gauge?Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you mean you inserted wake, water,dirt ,concrete,and touchdown fx?I wonder if it has something to do with "CameraDefinition" enteries. I don't see any of those in AI config files. Just a guess.Bob

For user aircraft:Try adding these to the EFFECTS section of your aircraft config file. WheelWetSpray=fx_WheelWetSprayWetEngineWash=fx_WetEngineWashThey should only work on a wet day of course. Make sure the effects files (fx_WheelWetSpray and fx_WetEngineWash) actually exist in the Effects folder.For AI Aircraft. I think this may be a little more complex since it seems FSX AI will only recognise one or two effects, usually the wake effect. Accordingly, if you can't get the effects working correctly on AI then you will need to nest all your required effects inside the one wake effect file.Hope this helpsRegardsTerry (-: