Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Lock up

Guest hassata

Hi:I recently re-installed FSx after a long break, and also added Acceleration. Now,whenever I access an option from the menu bar in flight (such as settings or end flight), the machine locks up and I have to hard-reboot. Any ideas?Thanks

Guest fsxmissionguy

This is a known bug in some versions of nVidia drivers that affect games including FSX. If I had to guess, I'd guess that you have an nVidia 8800?Until nVidia fixes the problem (and they probably won't) you can access the menu in FSX without using the mouse. Press Alt on your keyboard to display the menu (pressing Alt for a few seconds hides it again.)Alt-W-M ... for example, displays the Map.I've had no problems with the nVidia 7950 using the latest drivers. Alas, DX10 hardware seems to still have bugs that need ironing out.Cheers,

In addition to what fsxmissionguy said, these hangs are in usually full screen mode. I just hit alt-Enter to go to windowed, do my menu activities, then alt-Enter again to go back full screen.YMMVPhill

I had the same problem with my 7950 card and also get it now with my 8800 series. I also hit alt/enter and then menu. Far quicker than using keyboard commands. I believe, like many others, its an sp2 problem. I never had that until I installed sp2.

Keith Sandford.