Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Man flies self and 8-year-old daughter into ex's house on suicide mission.

"Geez, the anti-aviation lobby couldn't have asked for any more."Rant starting,As the father of a seven year old daughter, I can't think of a more selfish remark. Who gives a hoot about the anti-aviation lobby? The man murdered his flesh and blood and took the light out of a little girl's soul just to get even with his spouse. I get tears in my eyes every time I read of a child being murdered, abused, tortured and used as some type of pawn by a parent, like the "mother" who just got convicted for using her baby as a baseball bat. I fly today, but if someone told me it's my daughter or giving up flying, well to heck with flying. My family is my life. Rant over.-John

Guest TMMT

You try to understand what pushes folks to such breaking points, but ultimately you just don't know till you've been there yourself.I've seen it from the perspective of law enforcement for almost 15 years now. I still don't understand it, what pushes people to do such things. I've seen many murder-suicides in my years and the super majority seem to revolve around some type of domestic situation.It's a #### shame but sometimes folks just don't value their own lives muchless anyone else's.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the impact on pilots is worth more than a little girl's life. That is TOTALLY not what I feel. I meant that this action is so patently evil and vile that you cannot possibly have done worse with an airplane. This is the worst anyone could do.Edit: Additionally, and reluctantly, were a ban on general aviation proposed in response to this action, I do not feel I could oppose the ban and remain on sound moral footing. My hobby is dear to me, but not worth trying to justify the actions of this evil being.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the impact on pilots is worth more than a little girl's life. That is TOTALLY not what I feel. I meant that this action is so patently evil and vile that you cannot possibly have done worse with an airplane. This is the worst anyone could do."Thanks, I feel better now but regret what I said--didn't mean to jump on you like that had I known your feelings.James, I hear you on the mystery surrounding the buttons all of us seem to have that push us over the edge. I hope it never happens to me or anyone I love or admire.-John

Guest 247

i dont get it really. Yeah he has lost someone he loves which means he knows the pain of it, so why would any one in the right state of mind want to inflict that pain on anyone eles especially his daughter

Guest TMMT

>why would any one in the>right state of mind You answered your own question.

It all makes little sense to those of us who consider ourselves sane. I've been wondering how the guy in Michigan could kill and chop up his wife with his kids in the house leaving them with no mother and now no father. Wouldn't a divorce have been a better option?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram