Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Incorrect Timezone values FSX

Anyone know how I can correct timezones in FSX? Most of them are wrong. Currently 1 hour out for New Zealand. I would like to fix the problem not use a second program like RealTime to correct it.I thought there was some bgl files that could fix it but I cant find the reference back now.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

BGLComp in the SDK has the ability to create timezones. It only allows for rectangular areas though so splitting up an actual timezone into a set of rectangles takes some work.scott s..

>Anyone know how I can correct timezones in FSX? Most of them>are wrong. Currently 1 hour out for New Zealand. I would like>to fix the problem not use a second program like RealTime to>correct it.>I thought there was some bgl files that could fix it but I>cant find the reference back now.The .BGL files which update the time zones by Dennis Thompson are included int he FS Realtime install - the only way you can get the most current files.Install FS Realtime - setup the time zones in the Scenery.cfg - the installer does it for you. Then never run FS Realtime.You can even copy the TZ3 files to a different folder and uninstall FS Realtime if you wish.Be sure to run the DSTorSTD file in the TzFiles04Scenery folder each month - because as DST changes across the world some .BGL files need to be renamed and others take their place each month.BTW - I use the same folder / files for both FS2004 and FSX.

>The .BGL files which update the time zones by Dennis Thompson>are included int he FS Realtime install - the only way you can>get the most current files.>>Install FS Realtime - setup the time zones in the Scenery.cfg>- the installer does it for you. Then never run FS Realtime.>>You can even copy the TZ3 files to a different folder and>uninstall FS Realtime if you wish.>>Be sure to run the DSTorSTD file in the TzFiles04Scenery>folder each month - because as DST changes across the world>some .BGL files need to be renamed and others take their place>each month.Thanks, That did the trick. Had not realised that the files could be used separately like that. Have copied them over into there own directory and added them myself. Works properly now.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png