Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gypsy Baron

FSX acceleration Pack - Transparent instruments panel

This is my 1st post so pls be patient.After installing FSX Acceleration Pack the instruments panel (3D) for some aircraft, especially the single props, became transparent. All gauges are there but it's like if the panel is made of glass and you can see the rwy through it which is very annoying. I've tried to select different resolution modes but no luck. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thank you!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>This is my 1st post so pls be patient.>After installing FSX Acceleration Pack the instruments panel>(3D) for some aircraft, especially the single props, became>transparent. All gauges are there but it's like if the panel>is made of glass and you can see the rwy through it which is>very annoying. I've tried to select different resolution modes>but no luck. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? >>Thank you!> This sounds like an 'SP2-induced' problem with FS9 aircraft imported into FSX. One possible solution is to change the "Background_color=0,0,0" statements in the panel.cfg file to another value, say "10,10,10" This MAY get rid of the transparency problem. In any case this problem began with FSX-SP2, which is included in Acceleration, and affects many FS9 models that were previously OK when imported into FSX. Paul

It is a feature of SP2/Accel.There's a slider setting called 2D panel Transparency IIRC in the settings. Adjust accordingly.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

>It is a feature of SP2/Accel.>>There's a slider setting called 2D panel Transparency IIRC in>the settings. Adjust accordingly.>>Vic> He mentioned the "3D" panels (VC) which would not be affected by the transparency slider, I don't believe. Paul