Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rush2112

How do you turn off the 3D scenery window?

Hello,It won't let you right click on the scenery window and select close?That's the only way I know of to close windows in FS.By the way, Rush is my favorite band of all time. They are incredible artists. Neil Peart is also an excellent author. I know he has at least 2 books out, "Ghost Rider" and I can't think of the other one right now.Sorry to get off topic. I hope someone can help with your question.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Install the G1000 as a subwindow, then press Shift-1 to close the 3d window...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Rush2112

I don't think it's that easy in FSX. My limited understanding is the windowed views of guages, GPS, radios etc are by default assigned to shift+1 thru shift+8. Shift+9 is available and unassigned. None of the default key assignments control the window that renders 3D scenery.I was hopeing it was possible to just assign the 9 key to the scenery window using the control settings interface but no control even exists for this. I did notice that the scenery windows is labeled view_00 and not window_* like the others. I then tried to assign view_00 to the 9 key by editing control.xml with no luck. Maybe the 3D scenery window can't turned off due to the nature of the view_00 being the tower, spot, or VC depending what is selected. I dont remeber FS9 working this way. Any thoughts on this are welcome.