Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

PFE/PF2000 Destination will not compile:

First of all, this is not a complaint against the programs and I highly recommend them for ATC. I don't know if it is only available for those of us that purchased PF2000 years ago or not, but if you have that program in a box somewhere, you may want to give the purchase of PFE some thought. To my knowledge so far, my only problem is isolated to making KSLC or KDEN my destination and everything else is very nearly flawless.Secondly, I have posted this on the Oncourse link and David March as always immediately responded. However, it does remain a mystery to both of us so far. I felt that exposure might be greater on this forum and that it might be more likely that some of you kind souls would try out my request below and post your results.If someone would try compiling a flightplan from KSBP to KSLC and/or KSAT-KDEN and see if they have any problem in compiling your flightplan with PF2000, I would appreciate it, especially if you also have UT and FSGenesis.A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that my flightplan from KSBP to KSLC would not compile in PF2000.I just originated a flightplan from KSAT-KDEN, and got the same results, the flightplan would not compile in PF2000.Always a possibility (if not probability), but I don't believe it is me this time. I have used PFE/PF2000 extenisvely since the day it became available (thank goodness), and have seen no problems with these two exceptions.I tried various altitudes. Previously, I was originating the flightplans with FSC, so tried originating with the FSX Flight Planner. Same results. Tried adding sids or stars, same results. Tried different routing: Same results. Tried an odd (rather than even numbered altitude just for the heck of it. Same results. My best guess is that it is something it does not like in the region somewhere in the area of KSLC and KDEN as those destination locations have been the only times I have seen this problem.I have been following the NBA playoffs with virtual trips between KCLE, KBOS, SAT,and KMSY. My home base has been KLWB. From KSAT to these other destinations there has been no problem (nor with KSAT as the destination rather than departure airport), so I don't think KSAT is the problem. The common denominator seems to be in the KDEN and KSLC region so far as destination airports. I guess the next thing to try are airports between or also in the general area of these destinations and see what happens.I do have Ultimate Terrain with full FSGenesis Mesh and landclass for the USA. I wondered if there is some adjustment there that PF2000 does not like (possibly version 2 of the FSGenesis Mesh). If this is so, other Eastern airports may raise their heads as the complete USA was just recently completed.However, I also tried useing FS9 as my source for PFE rather than FSX which makes that suspicion somewhat unlikely, although I guess the same adjustment might exist in both programs as I have the FS9 UT and FSGenesis packages there as well.Also earlier, I stated that KSFO-KSLC did work. I have tried that combination again, and it did not compile. I don't know if I made a mistake in my original location identification or if it really did work.I am operating with SP2 (No acceleration) and XP Pro. My system specs are attached for whatever that might be worth.Respectfully:RTHEdit: It seems to be regional relative to MidWest destinations. I just tried KCLE-KAPA (also in Denver) and it would not compile either. From KCLE to the other destinations I have mentioned seems to work fine.ASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21

Found the problem:In the settings, the center altitude must be set higher than any of the airport altitudes, including the destination.Sorry for the confusion.Respectfully:RTH

Glad to hear you solved it. I just spotted your post today and was going to check it out, I had a similar problem with some flights and found that the altitudes could be problematic if not set correctly.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888