Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n4gix

Fuel flow and Cross Feed

When I do a manual startup from cold and dark, the fuel flow (with crossfeed on) only comes from one of the tanks. If I do a startup with the CTRL-E the fuel flow comes from all tanks regardless of the position of the crossfeed switch. What am I missing doing the startup manuall?jerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Huh?Please be more specific- what airplane?I'm familiar with a handful of types, and others can fill in the gaps. :)

>When I do a manual startup from cold and dark, the fuel flow>(with crossfeed on) only comes from one of the tanks. If I do>a startup with the CTRL-E the fuel flow comes from all tanks>regardless of the position of the crossfeed switch. >>What am I missing doing the startup manuall?Jerry, FS defaults to "Both" (really ALL) for all aircraft when first loaded. Unless the gauge programmer has included a routine that forces a specific configuration that will override the default condition, you will have to manually set the selector......Simply select any tank, then switch back to the mode you wish. It should then remain in synch for the remainder of your flight.

This applies to all aircraft that have multiple tanks I think. I've noticed it in the default FSX 737 and a VA model 737 as well. Haven't checked this on the GAs like baron etc.