Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

ILS 18R at KDFW

Oh, and I almost forgot...to all of you DFW fans:Someone had e-mailed me and pointed out that Terminal B (the Terminal that is to the North of the one I made) appeared to be displayed twice (you might notice two sets of light poles, and Z-fighting on the roofline).Last night I was able to determine the cause of this issue, and I have created a fix. If any of you want it, let me know and I can e-mail it to you.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Rhett,I reinstalled your scenery last night after removing any AFCAD within 250 miles of KDFW and did a quick test with the LDS 767. When trying to land on 18R the glide slope tracks you down for a touch down about 1/3 the way down the runway. The glide slope doesn't seem to jive with the PAPI lights. I was white over white while tracking dead on with the glide slope. The approach starts red over white but then changes to white over white and you land almost 1/2 down the runway. Maybe thats how it is in real life for that runway, I have never piloted a real aircraft into DFW so I don't know.Also I did notice that I have the issues with Terminal B, double light poles and a flickering roof texture. For some reason after flying around DFW with Terminal D installed I actually got an OOM crash after about 6 touch and go's. And I take a sever FPS hit when I have Terminal D installed, even with AI turned off. Perhaps due to the Terminal B problem.You stated that you have a fix for the Terminal B issue. Will this perhaps help the ILS issue I am having on 18R? Either way my email is below if you want to email it to me w/instructions. BTW, I did install it in it own folder in the main scenery folder. What is the reason for not placing it in the addon scenery folder?Thanks for your help. I reallt like what you did on the Terminal. It really looks great.SeanEmail: cmpbllsjc@aol.com

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rhett,Do you have plans to add the DFW Sky Link to your scenery. It is such a major change to the airport it would add so much more realism to your outstanding scenery. I know it is not part of your scenery but the autogen scenery is a little too dense with buildings around DFW. Have you heard anything about making it more wide open as the real airport is.Thanks for a really good addon.Bob JohnsonKDFW

>Rhett,>>Do you have plans to add the DFW Sky Link to your scenery. Well a couple of people have mentioned that now. I may have to look at that. Microsoft did a "sort-of" Skylink but at least I could do the tracks that go into Terminal D. I did decide not to do the Skylink, although I did include part of the tracks in one of my textures, which you may notice. I was kind of using that texture with an eye toward doing the Skylink...at some point in time...If I did do the Skylink, it would NOt have a moving train :)>is such a major change to the airport it would add so much>more realism to your outstanding scenery. I know it is not>part of your scenery but the autogen scenery is a little too>dense with buildings around DFW. Have you heard anything>about making it more wide open as the real airport is.>I've been to DFW twice, once in 1990 and again in 2006. I honestly don't remember how open it was or wasn't. But I will take your word for it that it's pretty "open"...By "open", do you mean not so many trees and buildings around the airport? If so, I can do some landclass mods to open things up. I'll have to rely on GoogleEarth to do give me reference pics, unless you know of a better solution.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Rhett,Did you see my post above Bob's? I need the fix for the double lights.Thanks,Sean

Rhett,Never mind. I just checked my email and saw that you email me. Thanks for the reply.Sean