Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Advice - Cargo Planes

Guest vgallop

Hello, new to the forum as well as to FSX. I was looking for advice on good Cargo packages. I have seen the Captain Sim 757 ones (include the freight loaders, etc) but am hesitant on them due to their customer service reputation. Any advice would be appreciated. I prefer larger jets if possible (737 type and above)Thanks

Hello, Welcome to the AVSIM forums and to FSX. PMDG 747-400X has a freight model. I don't know your FlightSim history so I don't know if you're familiar with PMDG or not, http://www.precisionmanuals.com/index_css.html, they make top-of-the-line FlightSim add-on aircraft. This beast is very detailed with many systems simulated. You may want a 747 but not as high of a learning curve or resource hungry add-on. CLS has a 747 200 and 300 model that doesn't have as in depth an FMC. I'm pretty sure it has a freight model, but double check. For a little smaller a/c but with highly detailed systems like the PMDG , I believe there are freighter paints available for the LevelD Sim 767-300ER. Another real thinking man's sim add-on there. Very nice aircraft as you've probably seen if you've skimmed any forums. Those are just some off the top of my head. I'm sure more good suggestions are coming:)Whoops, forgot what I just read!!Have Fun,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

The payware CLS DC-10 has 30F cargo models; and there are many repaints that have been uploaded too (Fedex, UPS, Arrow Cargo, Gemini, etc.)also if you're talking freeware, the SGA DC-10-30F is in the file library here at AVSIM and there are tons of cargo repaints for it as well.Also Camil Valiquette has produced some Boeing 787's and I think they may have cargo loaders of some sort but I'm not sure about that.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB