Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yellowjack

HELP! All systems fail after loading on active runway!

My FSX is fully updated through to SP2. I recently grabbed the Wilco/feeThere E-Jets and am flying these. Recently updated to SP1 on the E-Jets and did a flight. Everything was fine.Then this morning I went to plan a serious flight with FSBuild and when I fired up my FSX and got put on the active runway - all systems were failing. I would move my throttle on my yoke up and down and I would see in the VC that the throttle is moving but all engines stay idle.I have tried loading up my CLS, PMDG planes and even the FSX default planes. Every single one when it's finished loading Master Cautions are going off and all systems seem to have failed. Even with a mid-air start.Anyone know what might be wrong?!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It sounds to me like your default flight is messed up. You may find that maybe your battery og generators are not switched on. Try hitting Ctrl-e ( auto start ) and see if that fixes the issue. If it does save that flight as the deafult once everything is set correctly. I start cold and dark and go through start up its more fun.

How exactly do you re-save your default flight? :)>It sounds to me like your default flight is messed up. You>may find that maybe your battery og generators are not>switched on. Try hitting Ctrl-e ( auto start ) and see if that>fixes the issue. If it does save that flight as the deafult>once everything is set correctly. I start cold and dark and go>through start up its more fun.

If you start fsx and just fly with the first plane loaded that is the default flight. You can start a new flight, configure the plane as you want it, enigne running etc, then click on fligths, save , give it a name and tic the save as default box down the bottom, then save it, Now that will be the default flight as you set it up. But this is a little more complicated , its not just a game so you need to learn about the plane you are flying to configure it properly.

The use of the term "Default flight" can be confusing. MS provide a flight called "Default". However the term is also used to mean the flight that comes up on the screen when you fire FSX and go to the Free Flight window, this is really the default Situation and is listed in the FSX.CFG file thus (my example):SITUATION=D:My DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesMy ComancheSo when I fire up FSX and go to free flight the flight shown is "My Comanche". Which I could correctly regard as my default flight.If you actually make the the default situation the MS Default flight then FSX.CFG looks like this:SITUATION=d:my documentsflight simulator x filesorgdefault.FLTNow that's as clear as mud but it is the way it is. Maybe the forum members could help by refering to the flight that shows in the free flight window as the default situation. It's a pity that MS didn't call their inbuilt default flight "OriginalFlight" or some such.