Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STUART_H

autgen trees v's trees in texture folder?

I was wondering if anyone in the know, understands when the texture files tressfa.bmp, treessp.bmp, treessu.bmp and treeswi.bmp in the main FSX texture folder are used given that there are a alot of new dds tree textures in the Global/texture folder?I am trying to make adjustments to the various tree textures so that they are not so sharply defined and cartoon like. I would prefer them to be more blurred so that they blend better with base textures.Any advice welcome?Cheers,Stuart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Stuart,Sorry, those old autogen textures are no longer used - they are just left-overs, like a certain number of others.You will have to look at all the new "veg" textures - all 170 of them! Good luck on your project.Best regards.Luis

Thanks Luis for the advise - I did wonder.Strange that ACES still included them in the install though, I wondered if they were used for more distant autogen or something like that.Oh well, I'll see how modifying the other textures turns out. It was really just an experiment.Cheers,Stuart