Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Its Time to do the jump.. But a BIG Jump!

Hello guys, Good Evening!Well, after all my life flying Fs, mainly Airliners, doing A to B and then to C, its time to change things...I have FS 2004, with all the "must have" things, is good to fly, is fun, but, hmm.. i think im tired.4 hours ago, i did a LFBO-EBBR route, in a pmdg 747-400. It was a good flight, good weather(well, in Brussels was Raining), and it was fin configuring all the instruments, u know, all the things.But, it was the thing i mentioned, it was an a to b. I dont look to the scenery, to the clouds, to the autogen, to the ground textures, nothing, im concentraded in my flight, and yes, im tired.15 minutes ago, i did a LELL-LESB (Sabadell To Son Bonet, in Palma de Mallorca, Spain), but i was on FSX.......Well, UT Europe, FEX SHD, MyTraffic, 4096x4096 Ground Detail, details almost maxed..I enjoyed the small flight in FSX, than a BIG one in FS9, it was Fine Flight, good weather, small traffic, and i was looking at the details, and i cant stop looking at the details! the then, landing on a Evening Light, close to the beach, stopped my King Air 350 and opened the doors..I dont know if you guys can understand my point, but i think the time is changing, i was a heavy Airliner Fan in FS9, but the small flights in FSX, makes me considering stick with with, i enjoy the experience in all the ways, with the flight, wih the scenery, with the environment, with the experience.. with all the things.Well, FPS? well, is not the same as FS9, i locked it on 20, and sometimes in NY city for example, i got 11-12 in KLGA in Rain, and in fs9 i never got below 30, in any situation, but i can enjoy more those 12 FPS!!!!!!!!!!!! how this can be true.. i dont know, i dont know.Well guys, sorry for my "Spanglish", but i wanted to share my experience with this amazing forum, and im really happy. Uninstall FS9? im happy with the fsx and tired of FS9, but uninstall it... i can take a little time for it guys.. :-)Thankyou!xcfe444.jpg

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Hello again, i cant edit my post to delete the screenshot, is over 150kb, sorry :(How i can edit it?

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Guest NoobPilot

An easy way to replace it is to delete it off of photobucket, and replace it with a smaller file that has the same name and is in the same subfolder. The URL linking to the page stays the same, but the image changes. Glad you enjoy FSX! I have to say that ACES did a great job with it.

I understand what you are saying. I still use FS9 for cargo (PMDG 747-400) and love the Ready For Pushback 747-200. However, most of my time is now spent touring Europe and Canada. I use FSDiscover for details of areas I have never visited along with UTX Europe and Canada. When I spot an interesting place or geographic setting, I look it up on the web.I'm puttering around in the Northwest Territories (YellowKnife) and was curious how a large lake was named "Great Slave Lake". Well, I'm glad you ask. :) It was named after the Slavey North American Indians. I have visited castles in Germany and flown the Alps in poor weather making IFR landings scary. :)I have settled on a fleet that meets my country hopping needs. I'll fly the LDS 767 for continent hopping, then switch to the Feelthere EJ170 for regional jaunts. Once I spot a neat area, I park the jets and climb into the Carenado Mooney (finely upholsterer) for a close look. I have the Aerosft Twin Otter if I need more room.I use the freeware FSGoogle map on a client and always surprised how accurate the scenery can be. Great fun, and the scenery textures, clouds and sky are far superior to FS9 on a Vista machine for me. Bob..

Guest jshyluk

My FS9 automatically uninstalled for me when I fried the hard drive it was on. That more or less convinced me not to bother to re-install it.@PaulM: you can try running FSX with unlocked frame rate, and try windowed versus full-screen modes. You may be able to get a better frame rate by experimenting with those. They are the easiest things you can try to get a better framerate, and sometimes it works. Jeff ShylukAssistant Manging EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM