Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Is there a Fix for this problem?

I have been trying a few of Jim Vile's AFCAD files on different airports. I must say the KATL (I live in Atlanta) is a great improvement from the default and I actually get decent enough frame rates to enjoy it. My question is I have also tried the KSAV AFCAD and the performance there is very jerky. I get 25-35 FPS depending on what is in view but it is very jerky and have moments when it seems to be surging. I have tried all types of setting changes to no avail. I just dont understand how KATL which is very busy and large how I can get good performance there but have it so jumpy at KSAV? Is there a solution to this problem?Jim W

Jim Wenham

Jim WI have not seen that problem with KSAV.I do know that KSAV has built in some thermals off the end of RWY 9 which might cause a jerky issue as unseen scenery. You might try checking the box that deactivates thermals in FSX and see if that helps around the KSAV area.I will recheck some of my code since those 2 airports were some of the earlist released when FSX was introduced. I might have left some pre SP1a or SP2 code in KSAV that might cause the problem there. I never went back and looked to see if KSAV was 100 percent SP1a or SP2 compatible.In the next several weeks I have plans of updating some of those very early FSX airports with the use of ADE so everyone can edit them to their liking. When I released KSAV, KATL, KMIA, etc. and some others they were all hand XML written since no type utility existed. The KATL also needs some newer RNAV transitions added that have been released. The version you are using has the 2 new arrivals that replaced the MACEY TWO Arrival if you ask ATC for Transition approaches rather then the vectors to final approaches. There are some additional 10/28 Transitions also that I need to add into the XML.KLZU is bundled with KATL and I need to seperate them. RWY ILS 28 at KATL (plus my XML approach code) took the Localizer freq from KLZU so I had to correct RWY 25 Localizer over at Lawrenville, GA.I will also combine all the CVX bgl files at KATL into one (same with KSAV) to simplify the amount of bgl's used in the scenery file. Hind sight shows this might be causing a problem when multiple CVX's are in use.I will update KSAV first then KATL and KMIA in that order.

Thanks for the reply. I will check into the thermal problem and see if that helps. I am now using all three of the airporsts you mentioned and look forward to the updates. I have a question about AI at KMIA and KATL. I noticed that after adding them that the amount of AI at the airports are significantly less than before. I see lots of AI in the air and landing but the number seems less at the gates. Is it possible that they are just more spread out that makes it seem that way? I use Ultimate Traffic for FSX. Thanks, Jim W

Jim Wenham

My Bad about the jerky performance at KSAV. When I first tried it I had just finished a flight in the 747. I fly it with my frames unlimited. When I lock my frames at KSAV problem gone.:-)

Jim Wenham

Jim WI did not test with UT Traffic since I do not have it. ALl my AI testing was done using FS9 TTool Flightplans ported on to FSX sinve these were early release airports.There is some SCASM code in KATL which requires 'no aircraft shadows' to be checked for all AI to show on ground. Also if UT Traffic is a FSX TDBB FP Utility then when you get updates to these airports the parking spots will be enlarged a small amout which is required.The FSX TDBB Compiler uses a checking system that is not in TTools compiler causing some AI not to spawn at Gates on startup based on half wingspan vs parking spot size.

Thanks for the reply. Actually I now kind of like it that way as I can have AI set high allowing lots of landings and I get good performance on the ground. I look forward to your updates. Thanks!Jim W

Jim Wenham