Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Delta 757 Transcontinental

Guest gb205

I'm not exactly sure if this is the place for this question, but this year i will be flying into Pheonix via Atlanta on a Delta 757. Looking at Seatguru, there are 2 variations. 1, the transcontinental, contains all the fancy stuff like direct tv and such. Is this route flown on a transcontinental?(also, do they fly transcontinentals out of Albuquerque? I'd assume not but i guess anythings possible.)

I went to Delta's site and looked at the flights in and out of Sky Harbor and viewed the seat selections on the 757 equipped flights, then compared the seat map to the transcon and "normal" variations shown on seatguru. The seat map on all the 757 flights matched the transcon configuration. That doesn't assure the same equipment will be used on your flight, but it seems probable. Good luck coming to visit us--if it's summer and you pick one of the days we're 117 and the dew point is in the 60's--well, please just forgive our grouchiness in advance. And get off the plane as quickly as possible, as our guests get cooked quickly once the aircraft are parked at the gate :) -John

>I'm not exactly sure if this is the place for this question,>but this year i will be flying into Pheonix via Atlanta on a>Delta 757. Looking at Seatguru, there are 2 variations. 1, the>transcontinental, contains all the fancy stuff like direct tv>and such. Is this route flown on a transcontinental?>>(also, do they fly transcontinentals out of Albuquerque? I'd>assume not but i guess anythings possible.)American may well use transcon-equipped 757's out of KABQ, *but* American does not fly transcon routes out of KABQ, at least to the extent of my knowledge.What I am saying is that American may fly a transcon-equipped 757 from Dallas to Albuquerque, then to Los Angeles, and *then* on to Honolulu, that last route I would call transcon. Or they might go DFW-ABQ then to LAX, and then to Lima Peru. That's transcon in my book, too. So the transcon plane flew through Albuquerque, but did not fly direct to an international destination from there. Is this what you are asking?I do not think American is flying 757's to Europe.Besides domestic routes, American is flying 757's to Mexico, Central America, and I think a little to South America. They split times with the A300-600's on Caribbean routes.I think they use 767, 777 for European routes, and they use 767's for the longer South American Routes. But no 757's for Europe.I have recently done an AI bgl file of American Airlines for FSX, and so a lot of it is fresh in my mind.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I'm not exactly sure if this is the place for this question,>but this year i will be flying into Pheonix via Atlanta on a>Delta 757. Looking at Seatguru, there are 2 variations. 1, the>transcontinental, contains all the fancy stuff like direct tv>and such. Is this route flown on a transcontinental?>>(also, do they fly transcontinentals out of Albuquerque? I'd>assume not but i guess anythings possible.)I think this all stems from them folding the Song birds back into Delta. The transcon version I believe are the Song aircraft, retrofitted with First Class seating, while the 2-class version, I believe is the original Delta aircraft which I think is also being fitted with the new video equipment that Song used. I used to fly the Song aircraft all the time on my trips between Boston/NY-Orlando now they use other aircraft like the 738 and the MD88 as well as the 752 on those routes. Me I switched to JetBlue, mainly because they are flying into KSWF now, which is closer to my destination, as well as an easier airport to deal with!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d