Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodger

Should I see this alpine village?

Fresh back from a walking holiday in the French Alps I was keen to check out the scenery in FSX. In Slew mode I entered the following co-ords for a point near the church in the centre of the large village of Les Contamines (which I had already checked for accuracy in Google Earth):45

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Jim, I rather suspected that would be the answer.I'm mainly using FSX for exploring UK scenery and I have the Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery package covering England & Wales. But I'll take a look at Ultimate Terrain Europe too.-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thanks Rodger, those look great. Reckon I may have to reach for my credit card again!BTW, will UT Europe work without conflict with my Horozon VFR Generation-X scenery for England & Wales? Or must I configure FSX so that the latter has priority when I'm flying in the UK?-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

TerryYou can get photoreal scenery for this area from Francevfr. I use it in Fs9 but there's a patch for FSX, it's the FlightAlpes BasePack Nord you want. We had a couple of holidays in Les Contamines a few years back and also passed through on the Tour du Mont Blanc. The Francevfr scenery fits with Switzerland Professional, now out for FSX, and the free valle aosta est and west which you can find in the avsim library. Also if you look for maps2bgl in the library you can create your own photoreal scenery from Google Earth. John

Thanks John, much appreciate those suggestions. So much to explore!-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK