Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Pilatus PC-12 or Eaglesoft Cirrus?

>Bert, we've always accepted the fact that users may prefer>another vendors integrations into our products and have>absolutely no problem with that.:-)I am glad to see that you have no problem with users integrating another vendors integrations into Eaglesoft products. Possibly the future versions of the Cirrus will allow for direct replacement of these gauges without losing the VC (still don't understand why this kind of programming is felt necessary). The flightplan language being sent by the RXP guages are more related to the Garmin Trainer and not Jean Luc's RXP programming. That said if Jean Luc has been able to program the RXP gauges to send navigation data (navigation needle movement, glide slope needle movement, and flightplan course information in the form of the magenta line) to default FSX gauges and have them pointing in the right direction I don't think it is unrealistic for users to expect this same kind of compatibility with the guages programmed by Eaglesoft. I am not saying Eaglesoft has to specifically program to another vendor but I am saying that if that other vendors gauges work with default FSX programming shouldn't Eaglesoft's programming also? If in the course of working this out it is noted that the incompatibility is in fact coming from RXP's programming then a simple email notification to Jean Luc would suffice that the compatibility problem is on him.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane, the issue of other vendor integration into our products is not Eaglesoft responsibilty. Having said that, we are open to communications with other vendors.Eaglesoft builds strictly to FS SDK while others may or may not. If they choose a method other than the FS SDK then they may not interact well with our FS SDK method.We are well aware all issues related to reliance on Garmin Trainer including the the flight plan display. We have illustrated those discrepancies in the past and have no desire to rehash them yet again.What must be understood is that we cannot depart from FS SDK to accomodate the Garmin Trainer reliance and certainly have no time to support it since we did not build it:-)>Zane: "That said if Jean Luc has been able to program the RXP gauges to send navigation data (navigation needle movement, glide slope needle movement, and flightplan course information in the form of the magenta line) to default FSX gauges and have them pointing in the right direction..." Hmm, we read that users must set RXP ini files to compensate for mag variations and that some of their own gauges do not interact well with GNS solutions and that seems to be a WIP for that vendor.>Zane: "I am not saying Eaglesoft has to specifically program to another vendor but I am saying that if that other vendors gauges work with default FSX programming shouldn't Eaglesoft's programming also?"What must be understood is that Eaglesoft gauges ARE default FS SDK based and we do not depart from that standard. The question is what standard to build for? FS SDK standard or RXP standard? We continue with FS SDK standard and believe it is RXP responsibility to meet that standard as well.:-)>Zane: "If in the course of working this out it is noted that the incompatibility is in fact coming from RXP's programming then a simple email notification to Jean Luc would suffice that the compatibility problem is on him."Finally, we've had conversations and numerous email exchanges over these matters only to reach an impasse. That leaves us little choice but to simply not support the integrations.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png