Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Anyone know if there is a European equivilant to FlightAware.com?

Guest AJ

I'm looking for a site that let's me track European flights in real time (or nearly real time).Thanks

Guest airbus2

Hey,There is not a direct equivilant to flightaware.com, but if you have google earth i recommend openatc. It allows you to view flights in a 3d fashion. It works on google map, but is not as good as earth.http://www.openatc.com/Dave

Guest AJ

Thank you very much.

Guest Knikolaes

I hate to dig such an old subject from the grave, but i had the same question as the initial poster.I checked out that open ATC and it works great for me for viewing flights, but it doesn't show their flight plans like Flightaware does. I was wondering if there is a European site that does show flight plans along with flight tracking so virtual pilots can reenact the exact routes/weather etc. :-)

>I hate to dig such an old subject from the grave, but i had>the same question as the initial poster.>>I checked out that open ATC and it works great for me for>viewing flights, but it doesn't show their flight plans like>Flightaware does. I was wondering if there is a European site>that does show flight plans along with flight tracking so>virtual pilots can reenact the exact routes/weather etc. :-)Yep, same here, I've been looking for it since a while, but nothing like flightaware, I guess that doesn't exist in Europe.

Guest j-mo

I think a lot of us have been searching for this. Alas, I think we'll be waiting a long time.

Guest Knikolaes

Ah. Aye I have been looking primarily for something that has flight plans for the UK. I plan to move there after college so I've been wanting to start researching flights and routes there to start familiarizing myself with the area. I'm already using the wonderful VFR Generation X and VFR Airports Volume 1 from there and it is outstanding. Now that I have the visual aids, I'm going for some routes :-)

>Ah. Aye I have been looking primarily for something that has>flight plans for the UK. I plan to move there after college>so I've been wanting to start researching flights and routes>there to start familiarizing myself with the area. I'm>already using the wonderful VFR Generation X and VFR Airports>Volume 1 from there and it is outstanding. Now that I have>the visual aids, I'm going for some routes :-)Chris, you can get a pretty good idea of departure and arrival routes out of real world charts. It certainly helps familiarizing with the area too. You should be able to find all major airport charts in the UK on the Vatsim website.

Guest Knikolaes

I actually just signed up with Vatsim a few days ago. They appear very nice so far :-) It's great to have real folks instead of default ATC.I'll dig further into the site and see if I can find the UK section (been using the US ARTCCs for now).Thanks.

Guest RichUK

Live air traffic and ATC via the internet is always a problem with the UK. The UK laws are very strict about that. You won't see any ATC from England on liveatc.net. I believe this is a 'throw-back' to WW2.If you live in England and want to see live aircraft on a radar I would recommend an SBS-1 unit from http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/I have one and it is absolutely superb. I had to leave it in the UK when I moved to the US though. The law regarding using this equipment is still a little 'sketchy' but I believe the authorities leave you alone if you don't shout too loudly :)Rich.